Window Visor Vent Shades" - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Ken1, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 877 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Window Visor Vent Shades"

My new to me 2006 CC has the aftermarket "WINDOW VISOR VENT SHADES"
The vents have started to become loose. Any aftermarket glue to re-bond the shades.
Thanks for any help

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 PM

I can't think of any aftermarket glue but my advice would be to rip those things off, remove any leftover glue stuff and then buy the shades that "pop" into the window cavity. No glue, no mess. I have had mine on 3 different trucks (Dodge) and they work great.

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/ven...ndow_vents.htm
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 AM

If you don't have the tool for removing the mount tape, the clean-up for new mounting tape is a bear. It is also easy to scar the plastic where the tape goes so it shows through.

Even with new vents the tape may not want to come off the door.

keydl

93 Dodge /CTD, IC, 518, club cab LE, BHAF, KDP fixed, kelderman air ride
81 Isuzu /C223na, 5spd
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 05:34 AM
TDG Official Poo Flinger

One of the easiest ways to remove the visor is,....dental floss.

And then use WD40 to loosen the glue,....then all it will take is rubbing it off with a rag.

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

TIRES AND WHEELS- 41" IROK Super Swampers, 20 x 10 AR Mojave Teflon-STEERING UPGRADE- Donahoe Racing Dual Stabilizers -FRONT SUSPENSION- Donahoe Racing 4.5" lift -REAR SUSPENSION- 6" Procomp Springs, Farmboy Fabrications Custom Traction Bars-FRONT AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -REAR AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air Locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -ENGINE UPGRADES -SCT XCAL II w/ Extreme track file- ARP Headstuds - TRUSTED PERFORMANCE Stage II fuel and Oil system - ACCUFAB Intake Elbow - AFE Stage II Intake - MBRP Turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust - MERLIN controls SPEED WIZARD-TRANSMISSION UPGRADES- Southbend 550+ HP Clutch -INTERIOR MODS-Gauge Works Quad A-pillar pod - Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges Pyro, Boost, Tranny - Cobra Inverter Remote Switch - Cobra Limited Edition Harley Davidson CB - Python Custom alarm system, wired into train horns - Hi-Lift Extreme jack w/ off road base -10,000 watt inverter - 15 gallons of air - Porter Cable 115 volt, 2.5hp Air Compressor - Rhino....Bed liner - EXTERIOR MODS- Harley Heads & Smoked tails- Crown SS braided Brake Lines -Custom Fabricated Front Bumper/ Brushguard w/ Custom Herculiner - (2) 8" Procomp Spotlights -(2) 5" Procomp Spotlights - (2) 5"Procomp Fluted lights - (2) 12 ton Recovery Shackles - Custom Fabricated Safari Rack w/ Custom Herculiner - (8 ) 3" x 5" Procomp Fluted lights - Grover...Triple Train Horns - Wilson 4' Fiberglass CB antenna - Stealth Bulbs Chrome signal bulbs - Dominator...Cowl Hood - Custom Herculined Rocker panels - AMP Research Powersteps - Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares - Ventshades - LEER Bed cap - Recon Line of Fire, rear light bar,...and a couple other things
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned

Remove the visors and buy a new one.Use a piece of wire and work it back and forth down the lenght of the visor where it is taped to the frame.A little slip solution helps lube it.

Next bust out the steamer and steam the acrylic tape and either pull it away or roll it with your thumb. I used to do this with the heat gun and had to wrap my thumb with tape to avoid a big blister. I also used to use solvent to get the glue of and it makes a big mess.
This way makes it alot easyer and alot faster.The steam keeps it moist and should save your thumb from blistering.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 03:19 AM

I lost one of mine going down the interstate That adhesive tape aint so great!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 03:31 AM

Steam sounds like a winner, heat gun takes a good level of skill to not take the paint.

If you don't mind if they fall off - ATF will eat, slowly, the foam and the glue. It is a mess, though. Degreaser takes the ATF off and more mounting tape for automotive use will stick them back on. Correctly applied it works. I like the looks of the snap ins better though

Can't beat the rotary rubber tool for taking stuff off , chuck it in the die grinder and heat old stuff but new comes right off, including some pinstripe and sign paint.

keydl

93 Dodge /CTD, IC, 518, club cab LE, BHAF, KDP fixed, kelderman air ride
81 Isuzu /C223na, 5spd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode