The Diesel Garage banner

Ran the 5x at the track last night

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Deezle1 
#1 ·
Well guys I was @ silverdollar in reynolds last night and went ahead and decided to run the truck. I had the 5x and my sct with the custom files but I elected to run the sct with their stock files for comparison. Have in mind my truck isn't at full 100% because it is only making 27-28 where it did make 33-34, but thats neither here nor there. First pass with the sct ran a 14.72@90 but didn't leave that hard. Next pass was same file and got a 14.61 out of it. I loaded the 5x in with the 150 setting and launched the same as sct and got a 15.80@83, and the next pass was identical with et and mph. The 5x pulls very hard till about 65 but then it just drops off, which Dennis told me that is where the fuel limiters start coming in. It may not beat a SCT at the track but for all out smoothness and low egt's you cannot beat this downloader. Like I said though my truck is not at 100% because I should be in the low 14's with stock sct tunes, so if you look at it that way the 5x should very well be in the 14's as well. Hope this helps!

Chris

#3 ·
I just really wanted to do more of a fair comparison and I figured the stock sct performance tune would be a perfect one

#4 ·
Shoot dennis a PM or give him a ring if your having issues or want something changed. Im sure he can do what ever you want, and im sure he can make it run faster :evil: im going to ask him if i can change some settings of my tranny and some of the defueling settings :evil:

Dom

#5 ·
Yeah he sent me a new file with none of the fuel limiters. It's deffinately stronger, but I'm just ready to get my truck back running like it was making big BEUST!!!!

#6 ·
whats wrong with it that its not running like it did?

Dom

#7 ·
it has a bad turbo lag, and lack of boost. It did make about 33-35 with sct but now only 27-29...I think it is either the ebp, egr, or fuel filters.

#8 ·
sometimes its best to go right thru the truck to find any problems it may have. you could have a boost leak, or like you said it could be a fuel filter or some other silly thing.

Dom

#9 ·
cool is the 5x custom tunes or no

#10 ·
well, dennis's definition of custom tunes is much different than others...he thinks custom means changing things for additional mods such as larger injectors, turbos, etc. Our definition is altering current software... But yes, dennis can change things to your likings :evil:

#13 ·
bad meaning bad or good???

#14 ·
it's pretty bad and I haven't ran that tune at the track....but the 5x is done in my truck....gonna stick with sct.

#15 ·
Why is it bad? where does it lack? just want some info bruh :)

#16 ·
#17 ·
hmm...i dont run another tuner so i cant say anything about this. But does this mean if i flash it back to stock and bring it to the dealership the maps are gonna be messed up still, or what?

Dom

#18 ·
Deezle1 said:
hmm...i dont run another tuner so i cant say anything about this. But does this mean if i flash it back to stock and bring it to the dealership the maps are gonna be messed up still, or what?

Dom
Dom,

When you flash your truck back to stock it 100% replaces the file you pulled out of the computer. I just had my truck in for a reflash and asked the dealer to find it and they could not. I am not worried about warranty so I figured what the Hell. The 5x reads the file from the PCM and you save it to your computer, this is why I also have everyone e-mail me their file. I do this to make sure you are getting the correct HEX code for your truck. When the 5x is put back to stock you are putting it back 100% to the original file you sent me. I will try and get a SCT in here and investigate this issue for all. I will also call SCT and report my findings.

Dennis

#19 ·
Very cool Dennis, thanks pal! :) you been hiding? or slaving away on new stuff? :D

Dom

#20 ·
yeah, me and dennis talked on the phone last night and evidentally my sct picked up on some little something that just "locked" it up....But everything is cool now!

#21 ·
you know when Dennis and I spoke he wasnt trying to make a race tuner right now.

For a person who is not looking to race, but wants firmer shift points and a bit extra response the 5x is a great option.

Dennis offers assume support also.

#22 ·
The X5 does that in spades, and you notice it alot especially of youve been driving the truck stock for a while like i have, then you load a smaller tune on it. It really wakes the truck up nice :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.