The Diesel Garage banner

Bucking at WOT?

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mikehalseyjr 
#1 ·
Tonight i decided to run my truck up on top end to see how it pulls. Once in high gear it would buck a little like the power was on and off. This happend all the way from around 2500 rpms on up. It seemed like it was starving for fuel. Anyone have any idea? Could this be a sensor or clogged filter? I have a sct with a street tune and nothing else. Thanks Nick

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow but its kinda hard to say it surges at 110. I have noticed a major decrease in my fuel mileage lately, like 100 miles less a tank. Could it be filters? or turbo? or injectors? or just a sensor? I cant determine if it is the tuner or not cause with the stock tune the truck hits the limiter before the rpms get up in high gear. It feels like once the converter locks in high gear it is running out of fuel. Any other ideas? Thanks, Nick

#4 ·
My truck has a bad lag, and is not making as much boost as it did. But I am seeing alot worse mileage than I did before too! I am having fuel filters and ebp sensor replaced this morning, and I will let you know something. By the way I love the color of your truck.

#5 ·
xtreme1 said:
I am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow but its kinda hard to say it surges at 110.
LOL, they might have a little problem with that...lol.
I wonder how a person can approach that one?

Russ

#7 ·
When i went to the dealer today i told the diesel tech what it was doing and told him it did it until it hit the speed limiterLOL He connected it to the computer and said the only code he sees is a top speed code. He cycled the egr and said sometimes they do this surge thing because of soot buildup. Came home and reinstalled my tuner and it is doing the same thing. It is fine until you really wind it out on the interstate.

#8 ·
well I had the fuel filters and ebp sensor changed yesterday and lag is gone but peak boost still not where it was before :(

#9 ·
I also have the SCT and I run a max power tune from ATS usually. I have a manual vs. auto transmission. Mine used to buck when I hit the accellerator at highway speeds, it would hesitate be fore taking off. The EGR plug fell off and that helped a little. What really eliminated any lag at any speed was the 3-1/2 inch downpipe and MAC intake upgrades. I think it the stock intake / downpipe was restricting flow.

#10 ·
Mine at WOT surges too, I think its running out of fuel.

FASS is in my future...watcha think Kermit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.