So, are these custom tunes written for your trucks PCM strategies?
Or, are these canned tunes written for all strategies?
If they are custom tunes, contact Innovative
If they are canned tunes, I would recommend ordering custom tuning.
Good written custom tuning is second to none when matched to your truck, modified or not.
1. With custom tuning one shouldn't have to tweak or set anything, and the shifting should be perfect for the program thats loaded, unless maybe something is wrong with your transmission.
2. If your not studded and your going to tow 8k, I would only recommend stock or a mild tow tune only.
3. Running a 80-100+ rwhp street performance tune w/out studs and towing 8k is asking for blown head gaskets....remember we only have 4-bolts per cyl clamping down those HG's, when everyone else has 6. Even if studded and towing 6-8-10-12-15k+ one should run a tow tune when towing.
4. Running a 80-100+ rwhp street performance tune w/out studs and not towing is ok, but it's still a risk and you should use the power with caution.
5. If your running tuned, like many of us are, one should have gauges and a larger exhaust, high egt's can and will cause problems, especially if egr is still active.
6. I have no clue on the changes within the new SCT X4, but have a feeling were all about to find out....and welcome to the power addiction club, things will never be the same for you now, don't ask me how I know...