2007 wheel bearing and hub assembly removal - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JohnUlfers, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1048 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2007 wheel bearing and hub assembly removal

I'm sure there's a forum about this somewhere but I just received my new timken hub assembly (sp940200) and I'm not 100 percent sure how to remove the one on my truck so I can install the new one. Does anyone have a step by step procedure with pictures or possibly a video? There's one on YouTube but it seems like the guy skips some parts.

I have a 2007 f350 with the 6.0l, SRW 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Old Fart

Garage
I have done a couple of front bearing replacements. It is not hard and goes pretty much like a two bearing front axle. It is a unit bearing, that is ONE Bearing and NOT Two Bearings. That is the difference right there. Everything is pretty much as it has always been.

Dave

2004 Ford F-350 Regular cab with 6.0.
Completely Stock.

KK6TNI - HAM Radio

http://bennettlaneshopping.com/ - Our Outdoor/Garden and Kitchen Ware store
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
I should have said this is my first time attempting this. Can't seem to get the caliper mount bolts loose. Any tricks besides ice breaker?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:23 AM

Garage
this is for the front correct? if so..... I use an impact wrench otherwise breaker bar with a piece of pipe attached to the end for more leverage if the breaker bar itself isn't enough.

with the 4wd you have to take the 4wd hub off and there is a copper colored snap ring that holds the axle shaft then you have 4 nuts on the back of the knuckle that need to come out. sometimes the bearing gets a little stuck but usually a few good hard whacks with a big hammer and it starts coming out. I usually work one side then the other side hitting it with a hammer til it is loose and I can pull it out by hand.

2003 Ford F-250 SuperCab FX4
6.0L Turbo Diesel
RCD EGR Delete Kit, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter, Warren Diesel 155cc/Stock Nozzle Injectors, ARP Headstuds, Innovative Diesel Tunes, 5" Straight Pipe Exhaust, Blue Spring Mod, 4.5" Lift Kit

2006 Ford F-250 CrewCab FX4
6.0L Turbo Diesel
Innovative Diesel Tunes, 4" MBRP Single Stack Kit w/ Side-By-Side Dual Aussie Stack, Blue Spring Mod, RCD EGR Delete, Warren Diesel 155cc/30% Nozzle Injectors, Sinister Coolant Filter Kit, One Piece STC Fitting, Updated Standpipes/Dummy Plugs, Variant Raim Air/Cold Air Intake, 6" Lift Kit, 37s on 20" wheels,
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks for all the help guys! I got it all apart last night and put the new hub assembly on. I ended up breaking all of my snap ring pliers (cheap tools) so I wasn't able to get the new snap ring on yet. I'm going to pick a new one up after work tonight. Any suggestions on good but affordable snap ring pliers?

Also, I'm guessing I should re-pack the 4wd hub with grease before putting it back in?

Tags
bearing, front, hub, srw, wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode