Most HP on stock injectors? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by superf350, this thread has received 37 replies and been viewed 3925 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Most HP on stock injectors?

What has been the highest 6.0 numbers on stock sticks? How close can we get to 450? Seems like 28HP wouldn't be that hard to come by with a little custom tuning maybe? And to be quit honest I know there's more to my truck cause the SCT alone flat out sucks and that tune I run did the 422. When I turn the quad on it's a whole new ball game! Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 PM
fordt

Are we talking big correction factors, or uncorrected numbers....I think that affects the outcome alot.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No correction factors just straight numbers. My numbers are from a clayton dyno. I'm not sure what the difference is between dyno's though. I just want to know if there's even a chance to get above 450 or higher on stock sticks and without the aid of performance enhancing drugs. :thanks:
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
fordt

In my sig is what I dynoed on Dunbar's Dyno last week.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:47 PM

I guess I have to call you out super with comments like "the sct flat out sucks" and with "the quad it's a whole new game" cause it's sounds like if it's a whole new game youve allready found the hp's.....I can't talk real loud cause I have yet to be on a dyno but apparently you have....and if Quad was making 450 to the rear wheels(without any other mods) Im thinking he would be all over this board telling us...Perhaps Im not getting what your asking but your gonna have to back up words like the sct sucks with some documentation and facts for me to give mine up....
j.schall
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:07 PM

What does the quad put down on the track vs. the sct?
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Got Torque?

430HP is the highest I have seen for a stock set up, and about 800 ft pounds. I don't think the injectors will limit you there; I think the air is what is limiting. With a modest improvement (say, the Beans turbo), 450RWHP would be possible. Also, the stock injectors can be made to output a bit more if you modify the pump electronics to force it to run stronger. Then you will hit the limit of the stock sticks and require more fuel to go any higher. After that, you'll run out of air and need more there, and so on.

I don't understand the Quadzilla comment. We know what his products can do, and while they are strong, the shootout showed they are not as strong as the sct. Quad does talk about limiting timing changes to keep CP's in line, so that is a definite benefit, but as far as making the sct "suck," I think you have mis-assessed the sct. The quadzilla barely hit 390RWHP in our testing, while the sct hit almost 420. Are you sure?

RL

Black 2003 F350 Dually, Nothing Stock

Other Rides:

Black 2006 300C SRT8
Black 2012 CTS-V (630HP)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No that's not what I'm getting at. I have never dyno'd the quad and the quad sucked too. I had the quad before I had the SCT and the only reason I got the SCT was because I didn't like how the quad was performing. Now when I put the two together it's a huge difference. I don't know how or why. People say the SCT alone should be good enough but what do you got to do to get it right? :shrug:
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Basically I was asking if it was possible to get 450 and how on stock injectors? If I'm bashing I'm bashing both brands!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Vegassuperduty just made 440 didn't he? That's pretty close, and like ralphin said, I'm sure if you get more air in there 450 would be easy. There are alot of mods you can do before sticks that would get you well over 450 I think. I mean, intake, exhuast, sct, upgrade the whole fuel system before the injectors, fluidamper, turbo(s), tranny, I'm willing to bet a good amount that will put you over 450 easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode