Next best upgrade? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6L strokin, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1052 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67

Next best upgrade?

ok, i already got propane...but if a guy was startin fresh and had the 3 main goodies (intake, exhaust, and sct) what would the Best all around next upgrade be?

Injection-
Propane: better mpg, more power when needed, easy to get filled
Nos: Mo power, cooler egts
Water: nah

Fuel-
small (165-190) injecters
fuel system, air dog, fass, etc.

Turbo-
aftermarket turbo
bigger turbo wheel and housing

Now i know a mixture of all things would be peak along with a new tc and tranny...but im wondering about just adding one thing above the three that would be the most power extra without Having to go with a tc and tranny and still be able to be one of the fastest trucks in town. Im guessing either nos or injectors would be the best for the money. but injectors kill fuel mpg ive been told and raise egts. Im thinking of maybe adding a fuel system and stopping there but i dont know if i would get any benefit without sticks, turbo, etc.
:smoke

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Speed Junkie

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
A transmission build would help your current tuner put more of your power to the ground. At least safely...

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke
GTP 38R w/WW2, Ford AIS intake w/Zoodad, PIS 175/80's, Adrenaline HPOP, RiffRaff FRX, Magnaflow TBE, IH up pipes, DP-Tuner F6 custom tuned, Bilstein shocks, 05 Harley HL with HID conversion, Edge Insight CS, EBPV delete, Dieselsite BRV, Factory 20" wheels, Dieselsite turbo boots, AIH delete

2008 Subaru WRX STI
305whp/369wtq
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to LIPD
I would go with some stage 1 injectors and a Turbo wheel, intercooler fuildamper and a a Stage 1 fuel system. Should get you past the 500 hp mark.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 AM

our stage 2 injectors and stage one fuel system.
500rwhp and very drivable on the stock turbo
with propor tuning your trans will last a good wile if you don't beat it to bad.
robert
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Diesel Pro

Fluidampner definitely would be my first choice.

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67
Threadstarter

this is all assuming i didnt already have pane too, correct? i was thinking about selling my propane kit possible and putting the $$ toward probably some 190 injectors, but got told by a few that mpg dropped a lot! and for as much traveling as i do, i need to be "able" to get better mpg with upgrades, not lose em! so about how much does the mpg go down doing sticks?? and about how much do the egts go up? those are my main 2 concerns. and im guessing these will add around 75 horse?........lastly, would i make ANY benefit at all just doing a fuel pump with the setup i have now such as fass or airdog or other venders that have them on here? Thanks for the replys too! btw...would love to put on a TC and tranny, sticks, turbo, etc. but for a guy on a budget, just want to know the best all around power adder and to keep what i got or change out for something better ?!?

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM

all a fuel system with stock injectors will do is maybe help throtal restonse just a lil. I don't know who you were talking to but with good tuning and as long as your not in it all the time you should get deacent milage. Best my truck ever did stock was around 14.5, then with just tuning i was ble to hit 16 a time or 2. Then with my stage 4 injectors i could pull 15mpg on the highway so not much of a drop at all.
and your interested in stage 2's so there should be even less of a drop
robert
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to LIPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L strokin
this is all assuming i didnt already have pane too, correct? i was thinking about selling my propane kit possible and putting the $$ toward probably some 190 injectors, but got told by a few that mpg dropped a lot! and for as much traveling as i do, i need to be "able" to get better mpg with upgrades, not lose em! so about how much does the mpg go down doing sticks?? and about how much do the egts go up? those are my main 2 concerns. and im guessing these will add around 75 horse?........lastly, would i make ANY benefit at all just doing a fuel pump with the setup i have now such as fass or airdog or other venders that have them on here? Thanks for the replys too! btw...would love to put on a TC and tranny, sticks, turbo, etc. but for a guy on a budget, just want to know the best all around power adder and to keep what i got or change out for something better ?!?
we are assuming you dont have pane. milage does not suffer much and 190's are about 150+ hp injector when you have the prper supporting mods. Adding a fuel system to stock injectors will not increase the amount fuel injected just help with pressure spikes and drops. Give us a call for pricing one injectors and turbo for your truck we have a reasonable stage 1 package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode