Transmission help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by slowford, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 750 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Transmission help

Had the transmission under warranty done at 35,000 miles ago and now it just turn 42,000 miles. Did not show no signs of slippage or anything. Went down the street, at a light and took off and hear it shift and when it went into 3rd gear clunk noise and that was it. Pull to the side of road. No reverse or forward gears. And no nosie either just sitting there idleing. Anyone have any clue what broke. I looked under there and see if any fluids were leaking and checked trans fluid and everything looks fine. Just wondering if it would be covered under warranty again since the ford dealer fixed it 7000 miles ago. And I was running stock tune on it. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.:Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 PM

Eventhough mine's an '05, I had a recall a while back on a transmission snap ring. It basically said that if this thing went, then you'd be gearless. Don't know all the details, b/c I'm no tech; but it might be a place to start. As for the warranty, I'm not sure if the tranny is part of the 5 year/100k or the 3 year 36k :shrug: If not, take it to an independent tranny place b/c dealerships are a rip off when your out of warranty:deal:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
vendor supporter

I would bring it back. Around here there is a 12 month 12k mile warrenty on work.

SOLD
490.4 HP
870.8 TQ 13.2 @101 w/stock turbo and a set of 190's
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowin smoke
I would bring it back. Around here there is a 12 month 12k mile warrenty on work.

I just called the dealer and they said I have 12 month 12K mile warrenty on it. So now I have to see if the truck fits on my trailer to tow it to the ford dealer.:shrug:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode