Noticed some oil on the inside of the hood. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ryansdad, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1068 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Noticed some oil on the inside of the hood.

I just checked this out today. It's right in the middle towards the back of the hood. Does anyone have an idea where it might be coming from? I'm going to just take it easy for a little bit and check it again. I got the truck on xtreme tune and haven't been shy in using it. Just wondering if anyone else ran into this situation?

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansdad
I just checked this out today. It's right in the middle towards the back of the hood. Does anyone have an idea where it might be coming from? I'm going to just take it easy for a little bit and check it again. I got the truck on xtreme tune and haven't been shy in using it. Just wondering if anyone else ran into this situation?

Jeff
Many people have had this issue I think. Mine was fixed by tightening the cold side cac tube at the intake elbow.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 PM

Probably comming from the black plastic intercooler hose where it attaches to the intake elbow. The is an updated part. Just got one for my truck. If you wanna do yourself a favor and drive toward the dealer and stop before you get there and disconnect it from the top of the motor. Complain about oil all over the hood and the tube blowing off. There is a TSB under Lacks Power/Oil residue. The new tube is metal and has nice black silicone couplers.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Lube,
Thanks for the reply. I don't know my way around the engine well enough. Is that the tube that runs across the engine towards the back. Please excuse the ignorance. I'm really green.

Jeff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Its right in front on top. Big 2 inch DIA plastic pipe that connects to the 90 aluminum elbow right behind the sticker that says 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel on the top of the fan shroud. Following the tube down under the air cleaner it hooks to the outlet of the intercooler, another leak spot that will pour oil on the sway bay bushing and eat it up.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 PM

It looks on the hood that is coming farther back on the engine but it is right up in front as PSDPLAYER stated. There should be a hose clamp that you can tighten up. Also shake the hose before you tighten it, there is a ridge that fits into a grove. Mine looks like it's not on all the way when it's in the right spot. I your tube actually blows off under boost it sounds like you blew the engine.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys! I'll check those two items out.

Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode