my first coolant loss - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Overthetop05, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 1911 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

my first coolant loss

ok 4 days ago i loaded my first insanity tune since it warmed up to 50 degrees to mess around. i didnt get over 1000 with my egts. i ran it around that day then i loaded it back to stock. it sat for a couple nights on a little angle with the front end down. i cheked the coolant before i left tonight with it and it was about at the bottom of the degas bottle i could barely see it. so ia dded it back up to the min. line. i looked for the whites spots there wasnt any puking out of the cap. looked around underneath for white spots like a leaking headgasket. nothing. i have no idea. will u please help. im clueless

2005 F-350 Blue Sport
Leveling Kit 18inch stockers
Silverline T/B 4inch 304
SCT Elite Tunes
Accufab Power elbow
SB Intake
ZOODAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:19 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
it probably all just settled, there are days i have hardly any in my bottle, i fill it and it will spray out, so i just let if spray out till it stops and leave it, it wont puke then. you should check the coolant level when its hot IMO. when you open your cap after sitting for a wile is there any pressure in the system? you might have a leaking EGR cooler.

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:27 AM

I agree check the coolant when the truck is hot and when you pop the cap it will rise but make sure its at the min mark when hot and cap off. never add to it if the truck is cold because the coolant will expand when it gets hot. You should be OK if there is no white spots all over the engine. You will know when it spits out the degas tank .

Lonnie
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:30 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
07six-0 thanks i now feel good that i was doing it right. I never did like these sealed systems.

over the top, if you have your egt probe in the manifold 1000 is not hot at all. thats almost normal temps pulling a trailer. 12-1300 is when you want to be cautious.

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks guys ill keep my eye on it. ya i took the cap off after it sat and there was pressure

2005 F-350 Blue Sport
Leveling Kit 18inch stockers
Silverline T/B 4inch 304
SCT Elite Tunes
Accufab Power elbow
SB Intake
ZOODAD
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
pressure is good, just keep it at the min line when hot and you will be fine, theres like a total of 3 gallons of more in these things,

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 AM

also check on level ground. If the back is lower or trk is leaning to the rt it will show its low.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 AM

I found out the hard way not to overfill mine, after it puked and i got worried. then start reading puking post's. I had filled my resivor to the full line and shortly after it came back out. so i cleaned up the mess and left the coolant level alone. and no more puking.

Scott
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:58 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overthetop05
ok 4 days ago i loaded my first insanity tune since it warmed up to 50 degrees to mess around. i didnt get over 1000 with my egts. i ran it around that day then i loaded it back to stock. it sat for a couple nights on a little angle with the front end down. i cheked the coolant before i left tonight with it and it was about at the bottom of the degas bottle i could barely see it. so ia dded it back up to the min. line. i looked for the whites spots there wasnt any puking out of the cap. looked around underneath for white spots like a leaking headgasket. nothing. i have no idea. will u please help. im clueless
It sounds like your fine, Do you like tadds tunes? i lovem I have only got mine to puke when i let it shift into overdrive and lay in it without it downshifting. I can hammer on it all day if it downshifts without puking at all. Yet im still pretty sure my hg's are going byby

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentos
It sounds like your fine, Do you like tadds tunes? i lovem I have only got mine to puke when i let it shift into overdrive and lay in it without it downshifting. I can hammer on it all day if it downshifts without puking at all. Yet im still pretty sure my hg's are going byby
Thats when mine puked, it only did it when the truck did'nt down shift!! I still would like to try another tuner's custom SCT (maybe DJ's)

Lonnie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode