The Diesel Garage banner

my truck when it's not at running temps

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  stacks 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
does not sound good at all. :thumbdown Kinda sounds like mine did when my ficm went but it wasnt that bad

I would run like that with a bully dog sticker as well :p

fixed your videos to look right as well..

Reactions: stacks
#3 ·
yea, bullydog needs to be burnt off but I just don't have time to f with it right now. I'm so freaking stressed about this truck always giving me hell, I'm out of a job, and I'm really missing home. I almost drove back for the weekend but I figured the money it would cost for the 1300 mile trip I could use to fix my truck. FICM is good. I'm getting really strange codes that pop up then go away like "P01v6" and "V0641" and "U" codes. i just don't get it. When the motor is cool, thats how it runs, water hits 160* and it's great.

#4 ·
:thinking

#5 ·
no ideas? I'm not getting any kind of injector codes but for some reason I have got the code for the egrvalve even though it should be turned off.

#6 ·
hope you are not reading them with the sct.. Not even close to a ok scanner, my xcal 3 has pulled codes for the airbags not to long ago when a tune turned the cel on, well airbag codes will NEVER show up threw a CEL :fan.

#7 ·
it comes up in my outlook, i'm sure it's not even as good as the sct. I'll see if they will let me use one of the snap on code readers in class tomorrow.

#8 ·
Good deal:thumbsup. Keep us posted :popcorn

#10 ·
I was going to say injectors as well. Mine didnt pop but it would have zero power and died if you put it in gear before the temp got up.

#12 ·
4 days ago. the damn thing almost died when I was leaving class today. I even started it 10 min b4 i GOT OUT OF CLASS

#13 ·
I'll try to find me somewhere to get some injectors. I saw some on ebay a few days ago for like $135 each. The thing is, I really need to find out why they keep going out.

#15 ·
idk, I'd say omething is up with the oil cause when I plug the truck in overnight it's fine, if not it will run like crap. I really wish I could find some 155cc or 190cc injectors for around 1k$ but I'm sure there's no chance for that. I guess I'll just get a loan for the ebay injectors and pay it off then start work on my fuel sys

#16 ·
yup sounds like it's time for injectors

#17 ·
take it to ford some night and have them do an injector contribution test in the morning

#18 ·
I'm gonna have one of the ford guys at uti go through it tomorrow after class.

#19 ·
:fanso it gets better....
I was going through cleaning out my email files and noticed an old tune from Doug I thought I'd lost. So I did all the updates on this computer, loaded the race file onto the sct and went to try it in the truck. Well first try it said ecm erase failed, so I fugured wth, try one more time. It went through and the truck started right up:goodvsevil little ruffer than the spartan tune but it worked. Well, I gave her a min to warm up then went for "R" and she locked up and died:fan put it back in park and fired right up and went for "D" and almost died again if I wouldn't have pulled in to "N". I put it back to stock and the problem was gone.:thinking the FICM has been changed from the last time I used dougs tunes but the spartan tunes are the same for the old one and new one, no change was needed.:shrugs

#20 ·
If it were me i would not drive it anymore then need be. LOL but not my motor :usflag We know its not a tune issue :p Hope they find something tomorrow.

#21 ·
well as soon as I find out whats up I'll get a loan to fix it but, as of now the damn thing will just need to run, I'm waiting for a parking spot to clear by my window so I can run the cord out and plug it in tonight lol. If it's low fuel pressure and injectors i guess I'll pay for the fuel sys and get the loan from mom for the ebay injectors (I hope they're good).

#23 ·
how do you know? know the person or bought from them?

#24 ·
oh, they're from rivercitydiesel. duh, you know anyone over there I could talk to on the phone cause I'd like to know what they'd charge to do the mod for the 90hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.