The Diesel Garage banner

Installed the MBRP turbo-back system

976 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Texas Behemoth 
#1 ·
Well, got the system installed yesterday. Installation was super easy. I thought it was going to be bad, but took about two hours for removal of the old system and putting on the new one. Only catch we had was getting the old downpipe out of the front (stock one). We cut it too far back, and wouldn't quite come out. If anyone is doing this remember to cut it as high up as you can.

Man, that cat was really holding some smoke back!! Thing smokes a good bit more than it did. The full 4" without the cat sounds great as well.

Thanks to all those that gave me tips on the installation, made it a breeze! :HappyMugs

#2 ·
Only catch we had was getting the old downpipe out of the front (stock one).

LOL LOL yeppers.....The sawsall is man's (or woman's) best friend! We cut that S.O.B. up in several pieces to get it out. LOL

marilyn

#3 ·
Glad to hear it was an easy install...MBRP is what I am leaning towards myself.

:HappyMugs :Thumbup: :HappyMugs

#4 ·
Youll have to go to the doctor in a few weeks from catching a cold running around with the windows down.:Thumbup: What year is your truck? If you've never heard an 03, it is something to hear. Congrats, I have done 3 of them, and they are not too bad, at all. Great system too. Looks like it did the day I bought it:Thumbup:

#5 ·
Mine is a very early '04 model. It has a real nice turbo sound. As a matter of fact when standing at the end of the pipe all you can hear is a really loud whistle...

Loki, if you are looking for a system I give a huge thumbs up to the MBRP. Awesome sound, amazingly easy to install, and of course the performance :Thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.