Warranty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by swampdonky, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 2050 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Warranty

just to let yall know i work for a fleet service company with in house ford warranty reps and was talking to them about the 6L and the 6.4 the good news is........well there aint none......... the bad news is they are really going to start cracking down on the warranty's for these trucks because of the economy ....... a gentleman told me any way they can find not warranty these trucks they will do it i.e. tuners, air filters, exhaust mods, anything to boost the performance will automatically void warrantys as we already knew.....just watch out if you go in for warranty work be on you're toes they are really looking hard..... he stated if we can get a tech to spend 30 extra mins to find some performance mods that saves us thousands in the long run so that is one way we will do it and numerous others ways that they are trying to implement at the dealerships....just a little tid bit someone might find helpful and not get there warranty voided any updates i will keep informed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonky View Post
just to let yall know i work for a fleet service company with in house ford warranty reps and was talking to them about the 6L and the 6.4 the good news is........well there aint none......... the bad news is they are really going to start cracking down on the warranty's for these trucks because of the economy ....... a gentleman told me any way they can find not warranty these trucks they will do it i.e. tuners, air filters, exhaust mods, anything to boost the performance will automatically void warrantys as we already knew.....just watch out if you go in for warranty work be on you're toes they are really looking hard..... he stated if we can get a tech to spend 30 extra mins to find some performance mods that saves us thousands in the long run so that is one way we will do it and numerous others ways that they are trying to implement at the dealerships....just a little tid bit someone might find helpful and not get there warranty voided any updates i will keep informed
:::::

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

my thoughts exactly did not tell him what i had done to mine!!!!!! not alot but more than some will def be back to stock when i take it in....a truck with no warranty is like having a 30,000$ paper weight unless you have a lot to spend on it
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 AM

Garage
Is it true that they can go into the computer and tell if it has been tuned?

Alex C.

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

from what the rep told me they are trying to develop new software to look at every perameter past and present on the trucks...........also forgot to add they might even give kick backs to techs who find mods they are trying it on a dealership in utah right now to see how it works and who is intersted just watch who you tell it has had some mods on it
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 AM

Garage
Guess I am gonna have to come up with an easy way to switch from my stacks to stock exhaust for warranty work, I have all my stock exhaust except the muffler.

Would they say anything about gauges? I wouldn't think so since it is not a performance mod, but I could see them making the arguement of why would I feel the need for the gauges if I didn't have power mods.

Alex C.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to flyin05
yes they can go back and see when it has been done. they have that software already just that many techs don't know how to use that part. they like to just use it to troubleshoot but not to see what the computer has done. they can see when it has been flashed and if its not in there record then they know it had to have a chip

2009 trailblazer ss

Sold-2005 F250 4x4 ext cab. sct tuned bt DJ's, afe stage 2 intake, 58mm turbonetics turbo, cobalt series egt, boost, fuel pressure, 5in exhaust, head studs, egr complete delete by jpscustoms and myself

06022008-usmc
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 AM

Garage
That's the best explanation I have heard yet on it... Everyone else just says, if the tech is good enough they can tell...

Thanks man.

Alex C.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 03:14 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
I have a feeling posting this might have a tendency to piss a few people off, but when it comes down to it, Ford and Navistar/International have made it known in the past that ANY tuner will void the warranty from both companies. The software is there, the techs themselves generally don't know how to use it, but you can be damn sure the factory reps that will come in and inspect major failures do know how. They'll figure it out, and bye bye warranty.

Now if the failure wasn't related to the extra power coming from the tuner supporting mods, than this shouldn't happen, but it's very possible (read nearly 100% likely) that they will check ANY truck that's in the shop, and a factory rep is called in.

You've got to pay to play. If you want to play with the extra power that can be made, than you've got to be willing to pay if something breaks. When you mod, you're your own warranty. That's the easiest way to think about it. That way when something *****s its self, you don't whine and complain to the dealer, Ford, and all over the internet.

Flamesuit on.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post

You've got to pay to play. If you want to play with the extra power that can be made, than you've got to be willing to pay if something breaks. When you mod, you're your own warranty. That's the easiest way to think about it. That way when something *****s its self, you don't whine and complain to the dealer, Ford, and all over the internet.
I agree

2005 F-250 6.0L King Ranch FX4. 125k miles, Edge Platinum, EGR delete, MBRP turbo back exhaust without cat, an 03 turbo, and 4.30 gears.

A.S.E. Master certified automotive and light duty diesel technician.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode