The Diesel Garage banner

shutter on take off

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel Dave 04 
#1 ·
I get a shutter on take off It seems worse when towing. Im not sure if it is a tranny issue or a driveline thing. it is only the first tire rev. right as you start to move if i baby it it dont do it. Any one have this and can tell me what it is?
they tell me the 68rfe pulls out on some roller clutch any one know what that is?

#2 ·
Check your u joints for play.. Also what do you have torque management set at?

#3 ·
Im set at the tow program I did not very from there.
I talked to ATS they said it is converter shutter. and it is the PCM that does it and even if i had there CO-Pilot it would still do it. he clames it will not hurt any thing. he also said when towing dont let it lug in 6th gear or 5th gear. what happens is the pressure is not there at low RPM to keep the 6th gear clutches tight and they will slip. once they slip they glaze and then she will burn up.

#4 ·
I get a bad vibration when i turn loaded and unloaded seems worse loaded....I have checked ujoints all good i just ignore it damn dodges but i also have a 6sp manual

#5 ·
sounds like a posi or axle issue,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.