Muffler or not to muffler - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by skirk55, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 1657 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Muffler or not to muffler

I am going to replace my exhaust from turbo back. The 5"system is what I want. I just don't know if I want a muffler. What do diesel truck people use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

This place is dead! WTF
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:50 AM

I deleted everything on my 08 best thing i ever did. Anyways Im in the repo business so i left my muffler for stealth (somewhat). With all deleted tuner and cold air intake installed the loudet thing on my truck is the turbo which I love. With muffler left its a little louder than stock and faster with turbo whine still coming out of exhaust if you get what im saying. My thinking was its a very small muffler so cant stop much sound. I only went to 4 inch pipe though so a 5 will prolly sound totally different. I use to run flowmaster 60 series on all my v8"s and this truck is about the same with muffler in loudness but the sound is more like aircraft engine with the whine in exhaust. hope this rambling helps. ive heard a few that had to be straight piped and i thought it was just loud with muffler the sound is totally different several people tell me right off the bat even while im idiling that i have to have tuner i would think with no pipe theyd just say its loud!! To each his own i think what it balls down to and another thing thats so very important i still blow black smoke when its stomped!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode