HELP with Codes please - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SouthTXDiesel, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 741 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

HELP with Codes please

I just had 3 codes show up today that I haven't seen, and was wondering if anyone knew how serious they are or what I can do to fix them.
P0192 - Fuel pressure sensor low
P1507 - crankcase filter restriction
P1508 - crankcase filter restriction - replace

I have the BADP Gen 2 with 5" turbo back. NO EGER delete. I'm kinda nervous cause I can't take my truck to the dealership like it is to get it fixed. Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix these problems?? Also, will this make my truck go into "limp mode"?

I've drove it around the rest of the day for about 30 miles with these codes showing. And nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary.....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 AM

Not sure. Could start by changing the crankcase filter. Little over a $100 bucks at dodge dealer. If you know of a cummins dealer you can get one for around $50. Not sure on the fuel one either. Fuel filter maybe??? How many miles you have? The crankcase filter should be changed around 60k. Also if your crankcase filter is plugged, it's gonna start blowing oil out the breather hose which blows into your air intake right before the turbo. Don't let it blow to much oil in there.

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 03:28 AM

Another thing to check is your air filter. I read that a dirty air filter will clog the crank case filter. Also talk to badp, and see if they have ran into these issues with the kit your running. Maybe they can help.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well I went by Cummins today. And they really weren't much help. They didnt want to work on it with the delete being done. But he did say it could possibley just be sensors acting up... I've been driving it for 2 days now and the codes are still there but I drives just fine. I think I'll just wait it out and see if they go away.

I have another question. Even though the CEL is on. The overhead console says "system ok" When I first started dealing with this stuff and I had a few codes after i installed my delete the overhead would say "system warnings".
SO, if it says "system ok"... does that really mean that everything is okay, and I just need to go somewhere and get all the codes cleared??

I have 27,000 miles and No type of programmer to delete codes upon start up.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 PM

I've always thought the system ok was just related to the emissions. I would say your codes have nothing to do with emissions. I would go get them cleared, and see what happens. Could of just been some freak thing, that tripped them for no reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode