Bully Dog dives into the aftermarket for the new 6.7L!!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jackedupF350, this thread has received 24 replies and been viewed 2415 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Bully Dog dives into the aftermarket for the new 6.7L!!!!

Bully Dog has created a Rapid Flow air intake and Bully Dog's Performance Management Tool for the new 6.7L. In this month's Diesel World Bully Dog modified a 6.7L Cab & Chassis to fit a regular pickup bed on it, single rear wheel, and modded it with a 6" exhaust and the fore-mentioned intake and performance tool. The rear wheel dyno numbers are 415hp and 994 lb-ft of torque according to Bully Dog. My dad is going to call around tomorrow and see if it is in production or already on the market. Now all we will miss with this modded 6.7L is the black smoke....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 PM

Lets think about this for a second, yeah, its great that Bullydog is getting into this..but what happens when the codes cant be cleared*unless they have fixed this issue* and the dealer finds out, and bam no warranty.

Dont get me wrong, I am extatic that the companies are finding ways to mod this. I am just saying that you have to be alot more careful now with the new equipment.

Go Greyhound, and leave your luggage with us. *maybe not intentionally*
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, my dad talked to his dealer and said if the next time he comes back and there is some stuff on it if they would work on it and they said that it wouldn't matter and they'd still work on it. I'm just wondering when this stuff will come out. I checked the Bully Dog website and nothing is listed there.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:57 AM

It depends on the dealer though. Your dad may have a good dealer on his hands. Most dealers treat mods as if they are the devil. :squish

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:50 PM

:rules: So true. Dealers come in all types of attitudes Great,(very rare) OK ( most dealers) And the crappy could care less about you in your face Type of dealers( mostly in or near big cities .) so you do the mods knowing fully well you are now your own warrienty station.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 PM

How its supposed to work, Is they should warrenty your vehicle UNLESS the modification caused the problem. SOme dealers look the other way, some give you the benefit of the doubt and warrenty it. Alot of dealers like to stretch stuff though. Alot of them automatically turn down a warrenty claim becuase of performance mods. Such as if you install a banks kit and the radio quit working they cant deny the warrenty claim supposedly because the banks kit has nothign to do w/your radio. HOwever, alot of time theyll say your performance modd caused the problem and you are stuck w/the bill or proving them wrong. Also, dealers can "black " list your truck put it into a data base now saying you have performance mods done to your truck so if one dealer denys workign on it if they put your name in, you cant "just go down the road"

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Black list your truck? Is that even legal?
Yes I think we all know how it should work. But in the real world laws are written by lawyers for lawyers to make lawyers money.
Yes we have a law that says just what you said. But the companies have more money to lawyer up than we do and than use that expense as a cost of business tax write off.guess who wrote that law? Yep a lawyer prentending to be a elicted official and our friend. Yep our friend. sorry for the rant but lawyers really P--S me off. Accountants also for that matter. I think I am getting cabin fever. Time for a Gyros and a sprite. Burp!

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 09:47 PM

I just hope that things go well once the aftermarket starts catching up.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 12:17 AM

I agree 100%
I just hope Members remember that once you start modding a in warrenty truck that you might become your own warrenty station. And please don't bad mouth any of the brands not just Dodge. When you choose to disreguard the rules and play sometimes you must pay. Sorry for the rant but I have heard for years about they can't do that my mod (take your choice) had nothing to do with that failure. Rules are rules and you signed the contract.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todt061458
I agree 100%
I just hope Members remember that once you start modding a in warrenty truck that you might become your own warrenty station. And please don't bad mouth any of the brands not just Dodge. When you choose to disreguard the rules and play sometimes you must pay. Sorry for the rant but I have heard for years about they can't do that my mod (take your choice) had nothing to do with that failure. Rules are rules and you signed the contract.
Yes they can black list your truck. When they go to report work done (by vin number) if they wont warrenty your truck to add ons or notice add ons yes they note it and "black list it". GYROS???????????? why dont you run down to tommys there on 120 and get a hot dog special for 4.30, or their pizza special for 4.00????? Better then a Gyro.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode