Cab/Chassis update - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by gen4, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1095 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Cab/Chassis update

Have about 1300 miles now in about 1 month on my service truck (you can see pics of it in this forum under the thread "some pics") I don't do alot of miles but drive the truck locally everyday in my contracting business. Truck weighs around 11,500# avg. with 9 ft. utility body and tools, overall I'm very happy with the truck but have had some issues, mainly the MIL light, which some people refer to as the check engine light, but it really does all kinds of other things now (Multi function Indicator Light) mine came on the first time at around 100 miles and has been on at least 8 more times since.
The first time I got scarred and rushed over to the dealer, after 2 hours of checking it they told me it wasn't anything to be worried about and cleared it, came on again a week later and the code said something about solenoid line pressure in the tranny and I would have to leave it so they could check further, though they admitted they didn't really know where to start and since the tranny was shifting fine and I needed the truck I just had them clear the light and said if if it comes on again I would leave it. well it came on again in a couple of days and before I could bring it in, it cleared itself, now it's been on and off a few more times, but more on than off this week.
Truck drives fine but does have about a 10% loss of power and 10% loss of mpg's when the light is on, I know I'll have to leave the truck with them but I don't have alot of faith in my dealer's service dept since they don't even have a diesel tech. It's tough when your a 1 truck contractor, any down time hurts, I don't expect any one here to now what's wrong but any advice will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:01 AM

The electronic throttle control light has been on three times in the last two days. Dealer doesn't seem to know what caused it. Really gets sick when light comes on, has same symptoms as yours.

2011 Ford F-450 XLT
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Powered By Ford

yours running good yet GEN4?

04 Silverado 2500HD LB7/Allison, EFI live by duramaxtuner.com with DSP5, 4" MBRP turbo back straight pipe, polished 5" tip, 5% tint, riding on 285 fierce attitudes, many more mods....
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

nothings changed, it's not that it runs bad but does have a slight loss of power when the light is on so I do have to bring it in, I'm just trying to learn all I can first so I'll know if they're going in the right direction and not doing things that are unnecessary. I may bring it in tomorrow if the light is on so I can at least get the code as I don't even know that. I want to get straightened out cause it runs so sweet when the light is off.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Dang that sucks, I can't believe ur dealer doesn't have a Diesel Tech. That sounds like a funner problem to track if you worked at a Dealer, that is suprising. I wish I worked there. Line pressure giving off goofy signals. and the loss of power sounds like your engine is going into a slight limp-in mode because your tranny is telling computer something is wrong. To bad it's too new of a Trany, nobody has a clue what makes those things tick.

EDIT: If I worked at a dealer even here, I would try to help you with the problem just because I'm curoius. But I bet your dealer is just full of a bunch of lazy ***** who just milk the clock and don't care much about anything unless their manager or whatever is on their butt. It's ashame, because I bet they have all the tools to track down the problem if they wanted. Kind of makes me mad.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 PM

I know how disheartening it is to have a new truck , mine is gm, but the dealer wont fix, doesnt know how to. GOod luck, d3ealers make all the difference.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 PM

That's horrible! 2 dealers that don't know how to fix trucks with all the perfect tools to do it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ya the light came on today just before the exit to the dealer so I just turned off and brought it over, they star scanned it and the code is P0745 "line pressure solenoid circuit", they told me since it's a P code there is a procedure to track it down and it's most likely electrical, they said they do have a tranny guy who has gone for Aisin cert. but that it probably wouldn't even get to him if it's just an electrical issue, they just couldn't tell me if it would take an hour or a day, which I guess is understandable.
The problem with this dealer is that they recently moved to a new location and made alot of major improvements to the place, it's huge, has like 30 cars inside, a barber shop, a diner inside, a parts store, they even sell the local milk, the shop is huge and modern but since they're not selling as much as a couple of years ago I think they're getting stretched a little thin, that's why they haven't replaced the diesel guy who jumped ship for another dealer.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:57 PM

Wow! That's one hell of a dealership!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Left the truck with the dealer yesterday to check it out while the code was active, they said it needs a solenoid and ordered one for me.
They said it's a restricted part which means they have to get approval before they can order it and the tech support people at star made them confirm the tests they did to make sure that's what's needed, I hope that's it, but not so confident with such an intermittent problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode