check engine light - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RebelBullrider, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 900 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

check engine light

ok i disconnected the plugs on the air box cover to see the filter and forgot to plug them beck before starting does anyone know how to make the check engine light off thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBullrider
ok i disconnected the plugs on the air box cover to see the filter and forgot to plug them beck before starting does anyone know how to make the check engine light off thanks
hey rebel what are you driving? the pick up or cab chassis? I have the C/C and have had some issues with the MIL light, you can read about it in this forum under "cab chassis update" anyway even if you have the pick up it should be mostly the same though there is different programing in the pick up. with mine the light will clear itself after X number of starts if the problem is not sensed any longer, of course the dealer can do it, I don't know if there is a way to do it with the ignition turned on and off in some certain sequence like the older models, that's probably what your looking for.
Do you notice any lack of power or loss of MPG's with the light on?
These things are so sensitive now you can't even fart near them with out some sensor sending a code up, the first time my light came on the dealer asked if I filled the tank with the engine running, you can't take the filler cap off unless the truck is off!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yea they are retarded i got a pickup not c/c i only started it twice since i plugged the sensors back in so i guess time will tell im surethere is a way like on the older ones i just dont kno it yet but thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode