Proud New Owner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Brutus the Grey, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1083 times.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 116
Points: 1,643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Proud New Owner

Hello,

My name is Jeff and I'm a Proud owner of a new 6.7L Mega Cab 4x4. My first ever diesel. First ever Dodge for that matter. I've always been a GM guy. I just wanted to say why I chose the 6.7L over the Duramax. First and foremost, when I'm paying that much money, Cummins is a name that carries ALOT of weight and trust. Basically it was the sole reason I even considered test driving one. I did not test drive a ford. I'd rather hookup a team of jackasses to pull a load thru Beartooth Pass then buy a ford.

I test drove a Duramax first. LT3 and very nice. Thought it was great because I'd never driven a smaller diesel truck before. Only large boom trucks and military diesels. I realized that I needed something to compare it to. So I test drove a 6.7L mega cab 4x4 right after. I was literally so impressed I had to run back to the chevy dealer and drive that Duramax once more to be sure. In my personal experience between the two trucks, I found the lowend of the DM to be lacking. Early footpedal throttle was sluggish and slow for the amount of pressure and distance I was pushing down. Then WAMO the V8 started screaming at about 2k rpms. I didn't really like the suddenness of it all. I liked the torque right off the bat that the inline 6 has. Ride quality in my opinion was a wash. Something was rattling in the back passenger cab area of the DM. I thought possibly a door when I hit little bumps in the road. The Cummins ride was surprisingly smooth with the live axel in the front. The DM is still the more quieter running motor. However, the 6.7L was pretty quiet too. The Jake Brake feature was awesome. I immediately saw how this could bennefit me when I get that 5th wheel and go thru Colorado. Interior wise I didn't think it would be close. I give the nod to GM for sure but Dodge has come along. I got a Laramie package with a 10.5 inch DVD for kids with wireles headsets. Navigation, and alot of other bells and whistles. I'm pleased with the package. Two big bonuses for Dodge as far as my family was concerned was that I could get that 3rd seat up front in the middle with leather interior. LT3 had a console which was cool but we wanted leather seating for six and not 5 anymore. The other was simply the MEGA CAB. HUGE. My three indians loved it.

Bottom line is I put my faith and money behind Cummins. Oh, btw, it didn't help the GM dealership too much when I saw my salesmans personal truck. A Black Pearl Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L. Honest to Gods truth! All he talked about was the GM interior being better. That's not enough for me. Cummins, Cummins, Cummins. All the way. Dodge boys gave me better trade in on my 02 Avalanche and had better rebates too. Thru in electric towing mirrors free and the dvd at cost. Coupled with my employees discount, I got a $51k truck for $24k.:thanks:

So now I'm proud to say I drive an ugly truck but it'll jerk the frame out from underneath a ford.

2007 6.7L Auto Mineral Grey MEGA CAB 4x4 Laramie. Nurf Bars, Line X, 10.5in. DVD

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...d/IMG_4296.jpg
Brutus the Grey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Dedicated Diesel Perv
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 372
Points: 18,468
Thanks: 26
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I have owned all of the big 3 and still prefer my Dodge Cummins. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! :Thumbup:

2018 Ford F250HD 6.7L
MoparBob is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,754
Points: 41,076
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
congrats and good luck i do like the cummins engine and engine brake

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
thejdman04 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 25
Points: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
congrats on such an awesome truck. and can you believe the power?
run-amuck is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 116
Points: 1,643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys. It was a real hard decision to go away from GM. My whole family and extendeds are GM diehards. Brutus will be under the family microscope for awhile.

2007 6.7L Auto Mineral Grey MEGA CAB 4x4 Laramie. Nurf Bars, Line X, 10.5in. DVD

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...d/IMG_4296.jpg
Brutus the Grey is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 129
Points: 2,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus the Grey
Hello,

My name is Jeff and I'm a Proud owner of a new 6.7L Mega Cab 4x4. My first ever diesel. First ever Dodge for that matter. I've always been a GM guy. I just wanted to say why I chose the 6.7L over the Duramax. First and foremost, when I'm paying that much money, Cummins is a name that carries ALOT of weight and trust. Basically it was the sole reason I even considered test driving one. I did not test drive a ford. I'd rather hookup a team of jackasses to pull a load thru Beartooth Pass then buy a ford.

I test drove a Duramax first. LT3 and very nice. Thought it was great because I'd never driven a smaller diesel truck before. Only large boom trucks and military diesels. I realized that I needed something to compare it to. So I test drove a 6.7L mega cab 4x4 right after. I was literally so impressed I had to run back to the chevy dealer and drive that Duramax once more to be sure. In my personal experience between the two trucks, I found the lowend of the DM to be lacking. Early footpedal throttle was sluggish and slow for the amount of pressure and distance I was pushing down. Then WAMO the V8 started screaming at about 2k rpms. I didn't really like the suddenness of it all. I liked the torque right off the bat that the inline 6 has. Ride quality in my opinion was a wash. Something was rattling in the back passenger cab area of the DM. I thought possibly a door when I hit little bumps in the road. The Cummins ride was surprisingly smooth with the live axel in the front. The DM is still the more quieter running motor. However, the 6.7L was pretty quiet too. The Jake Brake feature was awesome. I immediately saw how this could bennefit me when I get that 5th wheel and go thru Colorado. Interior wise I didn't think it would be close. I give the nod to GM for sure but Dodge has come along. I got a Laramie package with a 10.5 inch DVD for kids with wireles headsets. Navigation, and alot of other bells and whistles. I'm pleased with the package. Two big bonuses for Dodge as far as my family was concerned was that I could get that 3rd seat up front in the middle with leather interior. LT3 had a console which was cool but we wanted leather seating for six and not 5 anymore. The other was simply the MEGA CAB. HUGE. My three indians loved it.

Bottom line is I put my faith and money behind Cummins. Oh, btw, it didn't help the GM dealership too much when I saw my salesmans personal truck. A Black Pearl Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L. Honest to Gods truth! All he talked about was the GM interior being better. That's not enough for me. Cummins, Cummins, Cummins. All the way. Dodge boys gave me better trade in on my 02 Avalanche and had better rebates too. Thru in electric towing mirrors free and the dvd at cost. Coupled with my employees discount, I got a $51k truck for $24k.:thanks:

So now I'm proud to say I drive an ugly truck but it'll jerk the frame out from underneath a ford.

I just did the same thing... Traded in my 2004 Avalanche 4x4 (MY PRIDE AND JOY, MY BABY, THE BEST TRUCK I EVER OWNED)... Once I drove the dodge, and felt the Cummins engine, plus the better price, and better trade made it a no brainer. Bought a $53K MSRP truck for $42,600 and they paid off my Avalanche... Couldnt say no to it... So now I own a mega diesel as well! CONGRATS ON YOURS!!! I know you love it, just like I love mine!
bigvick is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5
Points: 1,169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats man, I just bought a quad cab in june. I love the low end! Hope everthing works good for you!
dodeybob22 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 116
Points: 1,643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvick
I just did the same thing... Traded in my 2004 Avalanche 4x4 (MY PRIDE AND JOY, MY BABY, THE BEST TRUCK I EVER OWNED)... Once I drove the dodge, and felt the Cummins engine, plus the better price, and better trade made it a no brainer. Bought a $53K MSRP truck for $42,600 and they paid off my Avalanche... Couldnt say no to it... So now I own a mega diesel as well! CONGRATS ON YOURS!!! I know you love it, just like I love mine!
Congrats!!! I have 600 miles on mine now and still couldn't be happier with my choice. You know what? The looks of my Dodge are growing on me too. It's a tuff lookin truck.

2007 6.7L Auto Mineral Grey MEGA CAB 4x4 Laramie. Nurf Bars, Line X, 10.5in. DVD

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...d/IMG_4296.jpg
Brutus the Grey is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 129
Points: 2,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus the Grey
Congrats!!! I have 600 miles on mine now and still couldn't be happier with my choice. You know what? The looks of my Dodge are growing on me too. It's a tuff lookin truck.
:Thumbup:

Most definately a bad***** looking truck... It is growing on me more and more... Im going to be making a trip over to Seattle this weekend with mine... it will be good to break it in and see how she does.
bigvick is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome