No exhaust noise!!!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dodeybob22, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1180 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb No exhaust noise!!!!!

I think there is a resonator about a foot and a half from the turbo on the 6.7 pickups. I have unbolted the first cat and drove a couple miles before i bolted it back up, and it still was not very loud at all. This resonator could have a lot to do with it. I dont see why a guy couldnt pull this off and put a new downpipe on. I would think that as smart as these computers are it would fix itslef to run with the different backpressure. Somebody chime in and tell me how dumb i sound:shrug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Not sure about the ECM on a diesel but I have had experience with other ECM's that needed to be reset to adjust to a new flow rate and settle in. Not sure how to reset the ECM on the diesel either. Procedure is likely different.

2007 6.7L Auto Mineral Grey MEGA CAB 4x4 Laramie. Nurf Bars, Line X, 10.5in. DVD

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...d/IMG_4296.jpg
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Mafia member 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodeybob22
I think there is a resonator about a foot and a half from the turbo on the 6.7 pickups. I have unbolted the first cat and drove a couple miles before i bolted it back up, and it still was not very loud at all. This resonator could have a lot to do with it. I dont see why a guy couldnt pull this off and put a new downpipe on. I would think that as smart as these computers are it would fix itslef to run with the different backpressure. Somebody chime in and tell me how dumb i sound:shrug:
all those components are part of the emissions system, there is no resonator at the front. the first is an oxidation catalyst, then the diesel particulate filter ,and finally the catalytic converter (1st 2 for sure, not positive about the last). the problem with removing them is the fact that there are sensors before and after the DPF and the computer cannot work right w/o them (so far), and go into regen all the time (mileage will be in the toilet due to a ton of fuel being dumped to raise the EGT'sfor regen) or set the MIL.

Current: '07.5 2500 QC/SB ETJ/68RFE, 4x4, Fabtech 6" lift, KMC XD "Diesel" 20x10 wheels, Pro Comp X all terrain 37x13.5R20 tires, BDog P Pup AFE, MegacannonII, H&S Gen 1 DPF Delete, EGR unplugged. Dynoed 361hp/677tq 20090220
SOLD!'03.5 3500 SRW QC Dynoed 2/11/06 457hp/1002tq
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 01:48 AM

there are no cats, well not on my dads. just the dpf and muffler, never looked for the oxidation catalyst though
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Im starting to think that a lot of these trucks are different than eachother. I saw a picture of a chassis cab that only had one big dpf and cat put together. But the reason i ask is because i have a quad cab 6.7 and a foot or so away from the turbo the pipe is in the shape of square with rounded edges. its about a foot long and then it goes back to a circle.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:16 PM

the 2500 and 3500 falls under different emissions laws for some stupid reason. They do have different setups.. I don't really know all the differences but i do know that the 2500s has o2 sensors and the 3500 doesn't.:shrug:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode