Some props for Cummins customer service - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Headbutt, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 961 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Some props for Cummins customer service

I read this site now and then and it is interesting. I have only posted here a couple of times, and I believe it has all been pretty negative stuff. I felt the need to post about something really positive that went down with my 6.7 this week.

Since two days after I got my megacab I have had incredible problems with the emissions on the thing. I have had the truck for 12 weeks, and more than 6 weeks of that time I haven't seen it because it was in the shop. It has left me by the side of the road, and it has left me spending a lot of time driving a rental car, (I hate cars). Cummins has sent engineers out to examine my truck, (I'm in Colorado, they're in Indiana), and they have mostly been at a loss for anything but a band-aid. I have to point out that at every instance that a problem arose, my dealer was my biggest advocate in rectifying the problem, not an adversary as in my experience with other dealers. The dealer is Lithia Dodge in Ft. Collins, Co, and they will bend over backwards for their customers.

Recently the truck started to fail again a couple hundred miles from the dealership, and I hauled butt to get it in there hands before it went down. They worked on it and when test driving it failed in there hands this time. I told them I was done with the truck. I was wrong. Lithia brought the Cummins engineers in again, they spent several hours going through the engine and mostly the computer on my truck. A laundry list of parts was ordered and when they finally arrived they were installed immediately. Here's the really cool part. The parts were finally installed on the 26th of July. At 4:00 PM the dealer called Cummins and informed them the parts were installed, this was on a Thursday. First thing Friday morning a Cummins engineer appears at the dealership. You just don't decide at 4pm to be halfway across the country by 8AM and have it happen. When I went by the dealership at about 4 pm the guy was still working on my pickup. He had driven it about 150 miles with his laptop attached to the computer and an air card in his laptop so his associates back at the lab could also monitor what was going on with the engine. He still wasn't satisfied with what was going on and had the dealer replace yet another part, (that they had to rob off of an instock brand new pickup). Long story made short, I got my truck back tonight, I don't know if it is fixed for good or not, but...

If you are going to go online and ***** about the bad side of something like I have previously on this forum, you damn sure better be willing to step up and point out the good as well. I flat out have never seen such incredible customer service as I have experienced at this particular dealership, and from Cummins on this particular problem. Just the dedication of the dealer and the manufacturer to solving my problem leaves me completely confident in the future of my SWEET 6.7 MegaCab.

Just thought I should share that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbutt
I read this site now and then and it is interesting. I have only posted here a couple of times, and I believe it has all been pretty negative stuff. I felt the need to post about something really positive that went down with my 6.7 this week.

Since two days after I got my megacab I have had incredible problems with the emissions on the thing. I have had the truck for 12 weeks, and more than 6 weeks of that time I haven't seen it because it was in the shop. It has left me by the side of the road, and it has left me spending a lot of time driving a rental car, (I hate cars). Cummins has sent engineers out to examine my truck, (I'm in Colorado, they're in Indiana), and they have mostly been at a loss for anything but a band-aid. I have to point out that at every instance that a problem arose, my dealer was my biggest advocate in rectifying the problem, not an adversary as in my experience with other dealers. The dealer is Lithia Dodge in Ft. Collins, Co, and they will bend over backwards for their customers.

Recently the truck started to fail again a couple hundred miles from the dealership, and I hauled butt to get it in there hands before it went down. They worked on it and when test driving it failed in there hands this time. I told them I was done with the truck. I was wrong. Lithia brought the Cummins engineers in again, they spent several hours going through the engine and mostly the computer on my truck. A laundry list of parts was ordered and when they finally arrived they were installed immediately. Here's the really cool part. The parts were finally installed on the 26th of July. At 4:00 PM the dealer called Cummins and informed them the parts were installed, this was on a Thursday. First thing Friday morning a Cummins engineer appears at the dealership. You just don't decide at 4pm to be halfway across the country by 8AM and have it happen. When I went by the dealership at about 4 pm the guy was still working on my pickup. He had driven it about 150 miles with his laptop attached to the computer and an air card in his laptop so his associates back at the lab could also monitor what was going on with the engine. He still wasn't satisfied with what was going on and had the dealer replace yet another part, (that they had to rob off of an instock brand new pickup). Long story made short, I got my truck back tonight, I don't know if it is fixed for good or not, but...

If you are going to go online and ***** about the bad side of something like I have previously on this forum, you damn sure better be willing to step up and point out the good as well. I flat out have never seen such incredible customer service as I have experienced at this particular dealership, and from Cummins on this particular problem. Just the dedication of the dealer and the manufacturer to solving my problem leaves me completely confident in the future of my SWEET 6.7 MegaCab.

Just thought I should share that.

Thats awesome to hear... I mad the 300 mile trip from Coeur d'Alene Idaho to my brothers house in Mukilteo, WA. in record time while hauling a trailer and leaving all other trucks in my dust. I averaged 75mph with a nasty head wind, and only down shifted about 3 times when I had to pass someone going up the pass (over the cascade mountains). The truck was an absolute dream to drive, and I will be driving it another 100 miles tomorrow, and look forward to every minute of it. Im so sorry to hear about your troubles with the truck, and I sure hope they got it fixed... I also hope I dont have to deal with those problems.. I would be pretty upset and my attitude would definately be showing...

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

Biggie
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm glad to hear that about headbutt. I know that it really sucks that your truck broke down but this does allow the opportunity for the engineers to figure out problems.. I know it's frusturating but just think how much it will help others. Bless you for being patient!! Also Dodge and Cummins aren't the only one's having trouble defying the laws of physics of putting emissions on diesels!!!!:thanks:
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:31 AM

Im glad to hear. It doesnt matter every manufacture and truck will have quirks and problems, its how the dealer handles it. W/my 07 chevy dealer over 15 times in 4 months and they woudlnt send a rep out to look at it

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 05:33 AM

Your being treated like a KING. The good news for sure is they care enough to do that. However, with all the parts replacements going in, it seems like they are still grasping. Please keep us informed.

2007 6.7L Auto Mineral Grey MEGA CAB 4x4 Laramie. Nurf Bars, Line X, 10.5in. DVD

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...d/IMG_4296.jpg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 12:06 PM

It takes a lot of effort to type out something that long trying to put a positive spin on a situation that flat out sucks -- did you get any form of kickback for the positive feedback? If not, I would be asking for one....

I would be driving a different truck by now -- let them fix it on their time / dollar -- you have made two new truck payments by this point while driving a loaner car...

I guess that at least now you can say that you know what it must feel like to be a 6-oh no Ford owner...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 PM

i hope for dodge this is a 6.7L and not a 6.lemon liter.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 PM

it must be nice to live in a perfect world!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

In my experiences with the Lithia Dealers, they are Far greater when it comes to customers. They accually fixed problems for me other dealers couldnt. Its nice to hear they went this far to help you.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode