I got it.................. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Eazydeezy, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 2198 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Let it all Ride

I got it..................

Just had my edge juice chip with attitude installed (part # EJD3000DWAM) and it friggin rocks. I have only drivin it for 68 miles but the over head read that I'm getting 2.3 mpg better. But the power, wow!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Any other mods yet

I just joined and have been looking through all the posts here and another site. I just bought (Friday) an 07' Laramie 3500 Megacab Dually with auto and 4x4. My milage from the dealer in Greenville, SC to Raeford, NC averaged to 14.5 mpg, truck had 9 miles on it when I pulled off the lot. That's done by hand, not overhead. I really want to install a programmer and more. I see that you are one of the first to jump on the newest mods to be offered. From what is advertised, this seems like the best thing on the market, right now. Have you done any other mods yet? Exhaust? Air intake?

I am a die hard Mopar fan, I have an ol M880 w/318, a 82 Ramcharger w/440 4 speed granny low, 01' Quad cab sport offroad with 160,000 (just put air intake and got my MPG up to 12.9 who hoo) this helped me convince the wife that the diesel would eventually pay for itself in the long run. My wife has an 05' Sebring, Daughter has a 96' Avenger, and mother-in-law even has a Town & Country. If it ain't MOPAR it gets parked in the dirt or the road around my house. Enough of that.

What my question is....I have only found 1 exhaust system on the net. MP?? something that offers a 4" pipe and eliminates the muffler completely.. isn't stock 4"? Why not just build a 5", wouldn't that be better in the long run as more mods come out? What about air cleaners, is the Air Raid system any good/ will it still get the job done? How is the EDGE system going to effect the exhaust side and all i have been hearing, about the CAT showing 80 to 100% full? I it going to cause shorter canister life?

I am thankful you got this installed, I was getting ready to purchase a system today (EDGE, w/ Air Raid, and the exhaust) when I thought I might want to wait to see what is going to be developed, and see what problems are occuring because of it. But, I am not sure how long I can wait to feel even more of the magnificent power that my new truck is capable of. (I really just want to smoke my son's 05 Hemi that is mildly tuned). Thanks for the patience from the new guy with a big *ss diesel. Take care.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 PM

thats good eazydeezy
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Let it all Ride
Threadstarter

Well I can tell ya this about the airaid system. My truck showed a 2 hp gain. not realy worth the money in my opinion. I think I would have wrather saved the money and just baught a KN air filter. As far as exhaust, that's all I have found too. So I went to my buddies muffler shop and just had him remove the muffler. Didnt' really make a difference at all. So I think we will have to be patient on the exhaust sytems for our 6.7's. Also, I went on a 5 hour road trip yesterday (averaged about 80 mph) and I calculated 20.7 MPG with the edge chip. Well worth the money!!!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:16 PM

My dad bought a stainless steel 5" DPF-back exhaust for his cab and chassis. We took the muffler off in the dealer lot ten minutes after he signed the paper work. No difference.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM

Just rip it all out anyway! jk

Colin

2006 F-250

I roll at CompD and GoGo
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
AKA slowdog racing

Send a message via Yahoo to maddogg1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazydeezy
Well I can tell ya this about the airaid system. My truck showed a 2 hp gain. not realy worth the money in my opinion. I think I would have wrather saved the money and just baught a KN air filter. As far as exhaust, that's all I have found too. So I went to my buddies muffler shop and just had him remove the muffler. Didnt' really make a difference at all. So I think we will have to be patient on the exhaust sytems for our 6.7's. Also, I went on a 5 hour road trip yesterday (averaged about 80 mph) and I calculated 20.7 MPG with the edge chip. Well worth the money!!!!
NNNOOO dont do that............wooo OK i have heard from several people that the replacment K&N filters are junk for forced induction motors...they leak and you dont want that.:Thumbup:

:

-Curtis-

2006 chevy 2500 LBZ ec sb AKA Blue Blur :chevy-EFI live from mcrat and a few slowdog racing tunes, AFE stage 2 with PG 7, MBRP 5" turbo back,Bilstein shocks, Autometer cobalt pyro and boost, BD fullbore manifold, SD manifold, 2" block in the rear, caltracs traction bars, and 33 x 12.5 r 16.5 sport kings. 2 10" memphis subs, 1050 max watt lightning audio amp, alpine head unit.
[email protected] mph with whats above.thanks pat and kat.
coming soon - suncoast V trans., slowdog duel pumps
"Its a matter of horsepower for eight seconds or miles an hour that's the way i am and it's a fact i cant ignore yeah big four-legged, fuel-injected runnin' wild or radar-detected a man can always stand a little bit more horsepower."-Horsepower-Chris LeDoux

Me kickin azz
My truck and other things
Myspace
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the info on the intake and exhaust, I guess I will wiat for them to figure out how to make it work. Have you noticed any slippage from the torque converter yet. Keep me posted, I am heading down to norht Floride next weekend, and I may just get this thing now. My truck just went over 500 miles today. Thanks again
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
cjs

i would advise against the k&n air filter. forced induction will suck that oil into the turbo and cause problems down the road. an with that oil being sucked away it allows more dirt to enter the turbo causing yet again more problems down the road. just my 2cents though.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazydeezy
Just had my edge juice chip with attitude installed (part # EJD3000DWAM) and it friggin rocks. I have only drivin it for 68 miles but the over head read that I'm getting 2.3 mpg better. But the power, wow!!!
So 1 week of EDGE driving...

How's it been treating ya?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode