The Diesel Garage banner

I need power

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  dust123 
#1 ·
I have a 6.7 3500 6spd any suggestions for increasing power. I pull a 4 horse gooseneck about 19,000# the truck dose pretty good but I would like to get over the hills a little better.

#2 ·
Trade it in and buy a Ford :poke: LOL LOL LOL
I'm sure on some the dodge guys with chime in with some stuff

#3 ·
RSDSLD said:
I have a 6.7 3500 6spd any suggestions for increasing power. I pull a 4 horse gooseneck about 19,000# the truck dose pretty good but I would like to get over the hills a little better.
It will void your warranty if your dealer is a dick... but this is the best option from what Ive been told...

http://www.pmtdiesel.com/_e/Dodge_D...ice_Attitude6_7L_Dodge_Cummins2007_5_2008.htm

I talked to a friend who worked at a dealership and he said "as long as the service writer and tech are good guys and know your a loyal customer they will ignore the juice unless your obviously abusing your truck"...

#4 ·
Still waiting on a smarty with emission delete here...

#5 ·
I have the edge juice chip and I burnt down a tranny on my 6.7. I left the chip in and the dealer didn't say a whole lot about it other than how long I had it installed. The deal with the chips is that the dealer has to prove with out a shadow of doubt that the chip is the direct reason for the truck to fail. With that said, do you know how much money it would cost them to prove that? Yeah, a lot more than the tranney. Now I'm sure if I were to make a habit out of it the might raise some hell. But in the mean time, they replaced it under waranty, no problem. So, go get the juice chip with attitude, made my towing experience much better :)

#7 ·
Eazydeezy said:
I have the edge juice chip and I burnt down a tranny on my 6.7. I left the chip in and the dealer didn't say a whole lot about it other than how long I had it installed. The deal with the chips is that the dealer has to prove with out a shadow of doubt that the chip is the direct reason for the truck to fail. With that said, do you know how much money it would cost them to prove that? Yeah, a lot more than the tranney. Now I'm sure if I were to make a habit out of it the might raise some hell. But in the mean time, they replaced it under waranty, no problem. So, go get the juice chip with attitude, made my towing experience much better :)

How is the mileage & power increase with your upgrades/chip/etc??? Also have you had any problems with it since doing the chip? (I see you burned up a tranny?? any idea what caused that?) Im considering the intake and edge juice with attitude... but want to make sure its worth it before I buy it.

#10 ·
bigvick said:
How is the mileage & power increase with your upgrades/chip/etc??? Also have you had any problems with it since doing the chip? (I see you burned up a tranny?? any idea what caused that?) Im considering the intake and edge juice with attitude... but want to make sure its worth it before I buy it.
My mileage has been around 16-17 hand calculated. I did burn a tranny but I was hot rodding it. I had it in stage 5 of my chip spooled the turbo to 27 psi, put the truck in 4x4 and launched it while racing a dmax. Is what happened is I super heated the clutch packs. I help the spool to long and to be honest it would have happened regardless if I had the chip or not. I learned from my mistake :) lol. So I highly reccomend the juice!

#11 ·
Brutus the Grey said:
FYI, my dealer must be a dick. They said absolutely NO to a chip.
What he said about having to prove the aftermarket component caused the problem is the truth. My dealer told me putting bigger tires on my truck would completely void my warranty, so I called Chrysler up and had a nice chat with them about how I was treated and the tire issue. Needless to say someone got an *** chewing and my truck always gets taken care of quickly now.

#13 ·
my dealer said i couldnt get a lvling kit it would void warranty!!!!! :damnit

i also asked bout chipping my truck since i live in the mountains and do alot of highway and they said HELLS NO....... so im pretty ticked... seeing how everyone else is getting warrantyed with mods. and i cant get one thing done or my 100k bumper to bumper is over..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.