6 Spd Mega Cab Dually 4x4 Owners... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cumminsdieselfreak, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1300 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

6 Spd Mega Cab Dually 4x4 Owners...

I am selling my 1997 F250 powerstroke to order a new cummins mega cab dually 4x4 6 speed. I am just wanting to know how you guys like the manual tranny with this new motor(playing, towing, etc..) And how you like the ride of truck and so on and so forth.... THANKS for any info!!! :Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 AM

I got a 2008 mega cab dually, and love it. I got a 68rfe auto though. From what I read the manual trannie trucks are derated to 325 hp. The trannie can take the hp, but the clutch can't. So if your planning on any mods, you'll have to beef up the clutch. Again, I just know what I've read. I also can tell you that I talked to service tech at my dealer for a long time about all sorts of things. He said he was a manual guy all the way, but if he was going to buy a new truck, it would be an auto. I've averaged 13.5 mpg empty, but I have just over 2000 miles on, and I am bone stock. They ride about like any other one ton truck, a little stiff, but not terrible.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:48 AM

i have a 07.5 mega 6 speed manual dually . i really like mine . the horsepower is the same as the auto (350 hp ) but the tourque is derated to 610 ft lb . a manual usually gets more of the power to the ground any way so i don't think you would notice any difference from an auto . the transmission is a little stiffer than some in the past but , it is a lot heavier transmission . all in all it shifts just fine . i think mine rides rather well to be a 3500 . the ride is much better than other trucks i have driven . if you do any mods you might consider a south bend clutch . in my opinion the truck has all the power i need without mods .
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys! I want to do the dpf delete soooooooo bad but the only reason i am selling my obs stroker is to have the warranty.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfr
Thanks guys! I want to do the dpf delete soooooooo bad but the only reason i am selling my obs stroker is to have the warranty.
that would be the only mod i would be interested in doing . i really haven't had any problems with mine but , if i could do the delete and still have warranty i would just so i wouldn't have to worry about it .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Do you get the exhaust brake with the hand-shaker? I thought the exhaust brake was on on the Auto?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Exhaust brake comes with both trannys...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia dawg
that would be the only mod i would be interested in doing . i really haven't had any problems with mine but , if i could do the delete and still have warranty i would just so i wouldn't have to worry about it .

Same here!!! Wonder if one day something going to come out to go around it whitout loosing warranty?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Do you get the exhaust brake with the hand-shaker? I thought the exhaust brake was on on the Auto?
mine has e brake .
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocotte
Same here!!! Wonder if one day something going to come out to go around it whitout loosing warranty?
that would be :cool2:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode