DPF...could we...? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MART5.9, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 1572 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

DPF...could we...?

Got a exhaust leak fixed last friday(major leak) down by the turbo downpipe.It probably been leaking since the day I got the truck.The truck has 15 000k and never had a plugged DPF warning (80%) untill this morning.I almost did`nt drive the truck this week-end (15miles).So does this means that if the 2 pressures sensors(front and rear of the DPF)have the same reading the truck does`nt go into regen mode??? Because with the leak I had if the filter was getting plugged, the pressure going out by the leak was balancing filter pressure? I`m just trying to see if there`s a way to replace that DPF by a straight pipe but still using both sensor! Somehow going around all that crap whitout any DPF delete kit or electronic stuff that would void my warranty!!! Are these sensors some kind of ``stupid``? How well , I might be out of it but you know......:evil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM

So now your mileage will go to crap? This could explain the extraordinary mileage you have been getting compared to those with the dpf in tact. The mileage you have posted matches mine without the dpf.

2007 2500 4X4 6.7 AUTO MEGA, DPF AND EGR DELETE, 2.5" LEVEL KIT, 33" TOYO MTs
2010 3500 4x4 6.7 AUTO CREW CAB
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM

:Note to self......keep an eye on this one. lol
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:20 PM

I had talked to H&S about their DPF delete, and they said that if you don't have the EDGE w/ attitude along with their kit the check engine light will come on. I don't know if that's because of their electronic module or what. For those of you who have installed the DPF Delete, what does the iside of the DPF look like? Do they look like a catalytic conv honey comb? If you can bust out the DPF then it will be harder to tell for the dealer and for emissions. But I think it might be more complicated than all this, who knows.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Kid
I had talked to H&S about their DPF delete, and they said that if you don't have the EDGE w/ attitude along with their kit the check engine light will come on. I don't know if that's because of their electronic module or what. For those of you who have installed the DPF Delete, what does the iside of the DPF look like? Do they look like a catalytic conv honey comb? If you can bust out the DPF then it will be harder to tell for the dealer and for emissions. But I think it might be more complicated than all this, who knows.

I wish I could just bust it out!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie00
So now your mileage will go to crap? This could explain the extraordinary mileage you have been getting compared to those with the dpf in tact. The mileage you have posted matches mine without the dpf.

Hey no! my mpg still the exact same! That`s what I was worry about...ouf!But I did exactly what the owner`s manual says, went out for a ride on highway to get that 80% warning off. Every thing worked great but during the regen mode it went down to 11.7mpg for 25 minutes then came back to 19.2 mpg for the second half of the ride!! Same speed, no wind same road...But if you calculate....I did in canadian fuel price the regen cost me around 12$.... Hope the //$$//&* filter will stay clean for a while:Pshyco: Good point is , I still get my 19mpg:bow:
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM

Yes, the inside of the dpf looks like a catalytic converter, but if you were to bust out the center instead of replacing it with a delete pipe you would have to have another dpf to put on if you ever had to have any major work done on your truck, and from what i have heard those things are hard to come by, and when and if you find one they are pricey. Also heard if you have to buy all of them from a dealer it is around the $5,000 range. Not worth it to me, just buy the delete kits.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I think I won`t be able to wait too long anymore, to get a delete kit!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocotte
I think I won`t be able to wait too long anymore, to get a delete kit!!
Im right there with ya... I think my truck has been in regen more then its been out of it! Im getting HORRIBLE MPG, and the last two weeks Ive had to run it out on the freeway for a CATALYST FULL warning...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 AM

Is this DPF thing worth it? I thought it was for less pollution? How can that be with most of us using more fuel meaning more oil needing to be refined.More trucks needed to re fill the tanks at our local truck stop or filling station. seams like more pollution to me not less. oh the locic of our Govt. I want a new truck!! but not until this DPF thing is solved. So what is the Govt fine for deleating the DPF? If cought.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode