question how's it compare? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dougeendreno, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 735 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

question how's it compare?

my 97 diesel truck had a 5 spd manual trans nvg 4500 transfer case 241-heav 4850# front axel. rear axel- dana 80. i ordered it and went for the most heavy duty options that were available. snow plow prep, trailer group extra leaves. i routinely over loaded the truck countless times a full bed of gravel, two pallets of sod, many times a crowned bed with wet river marl.that truck has 320k with the original clutch. how's the components in the new 07 stack up to the old? thanks doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM

for the model year and the factory equipement,your truck have the best parts and it`s a real worker,lm very impress for the factory clutch,that`s result you are a good driver and you know your truck. For the comparo ,i have a 2008 2500 regular cab 6 speed manual diesel, first the frame is upgraded,suspension similar,rear aam 11.5 similar to the dana 80,front aam 9.25 better,transmission g56 better,clutch similar,and t-case the big nvg 271 is stronger. the last part....engine,yes the 6.7 is more powerfull,but in this electronic and emission era your 5.9 is maybe more reliable.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

my 07 has almost 13k on it now. seems like the check engine light just likes to go on. cocotte having issues with the clutch, i'm a little leary got a full bed of belguim blocks and a tandem axel trailer with a skid steer with attachments around 12500, did the same with the 97 many times, it towed maybe with a 2" squat. this quad cab has no where near the suspension of the 97 reg cab. i must say i'm impressed with the power of the 07, and the fuel mileage has really jumped
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 AM

[QUOTE=dougeendreno]my 07 has almost 13k on it now. seems like the check engine light just likes to go on. cocotte having issues with the clutch, i'm a little leary got a full bed of belguim blocks and a tandem axel trailer with a skid steer with attachments around 12500, did the same with the 97 many times, it towed maybe with a 2" squat. this quad cab has no where near the suspension of the 97 reg cab. i must say i'm impressed with the power of the 07, and the fuel mileage has really jumped[/QUOTE

By the way problem solved, nothing to do with the clutch.My transmission came out of the assembly line with a bad bearing.I had that little noise when I drove out of the parking lot the first day. But it got worst and worst.Today, it feels like I have a brand new truck....that`s how smooth it is. The bearing had trace of rust on it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode