Questions about early 07 3500 C&C w/ 6.7 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Blue Coyote, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 592 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Questions about early 07 3500 C&C w/ 6.7

Found what may be a deal on an early 07 3500 cab & chassis with the 6.7. I have not seen the truck - it is located 4 hours away. Truck is the extended frame, DRW, reg cab, 6.7 with a 6 speed manual trans. Dealer faxed me the window sticker.
Here are my questoins

1) No exhaust brake - from searching here it looks as if this option is a wire harness and some programing. Salesman was not 100% sure. Is this correct?

2) Did the early 07's not have the (hated)regen system? The window sticker does not list a "Clean Diesel" as the later ones that I have seen.

3) My guess is that this is a pre 01/01/07 truck. Are the early 07's plauged with the new product issues, or does this sound like a good deal? Any updates I should have done before delivery?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Coyote
1) No exhaust brake - from searching here it looks as if this option is a wire harness and some programing. Salesman was not 100% sure. Is this correct?
there's more to a exhaust brake than wiring. On average... they run around $1200

Quote:
2) Did the early 07's not have the (hated)regen system? The window sticker does not list a "Clean Diesel" as the later ones that I have seen.
the early 07's are just that and are the 5.9's. The 6.7's are considered 07.5's If you are looking at a 6.7, yes it has the particulate filter w/ regen

Quote:
3) My guess is that this is a pre 01/01/07 truck. Are the early 07's plauged with the new product issues, or does this sound like a good deal? Any updates I should have done before delivery?
the exhaust brake is a nice option. Make sure it has a block heater and cord if you need that, have the dealer tell you what option can be turned on or off through the computer ( they would change anything there in a Starscan ), you my also want to be sure it comes with a LSD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Bought a different one, and the first one had 3.73 gears.
Found a mid year 07 C&C 6 speed manual with some more options (cloth seats, exhaust brake, full size, spare, 4.10, limited slip, some chrome trim, trailer prep, "Clean Diesel Engine"). Made a stupid low offer to the local dealer - and they took it, and got the to go 0% as well!

Took it home, mounted the 5th wheel hitch and towed the toyhauler to Primm for the BITD Terrible Town 250. That 6.7 is a mule - did not even feel the trailer back there and did 50+ up Mountain Pass (both ways). Then down to Lk Elsinore for the M4SX series. Got 9.7 round trip

Added bonus - my son won the MMR / BITD TrophyKart J2 race and took 2nd at M4SX!

Only thing this truck needs is the flat bed, some gauges and cruise control.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode