6.7 dodge exhaust - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by FATKID DIESLE, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1762 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

6.7 dodge exhaust

hey guys im new to the forums i have a 2007.5 6.7 mega cab i really want to do exhaust on it does putting a exhaust system void any warrantys by bypassing the filter and also does an edge w/attitude chip viod any warrantys either this is my first diesle thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Let it all Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATKID DIESLE
hey guys im new to the forums i have a 2007.5 6.7 mega cab i really want to do exhaust on it does putting a exhaust system void any warrantys by bypassing the filter and also does an edge w/attitude chip viod any warrantys either this is my first diesle thanks for the help.
Hey, I'm guesin your the guy I ran into at the gas station last night (you have the white mega cab)? Welcome! Anyway, it will depend on the dealer you take it to. I went to go dodge and they told me that they would not cover anything on the engine if it failed. Then I took it to Cherry Creek dodge where I bought and they were the ones that told me that as long as the after market part didn't cause the failure, they would repair it under warranty. Assuming of course you have existing warranty. Everybody will have different experiences as you will see.

Dominic
'16 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, 3.73's, Aisin, 4x4
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM

Welcome to the site. I should have mentioned in the other post I made to you about 6.7 exhausts. It's not just a quick swap of pipes. You will throw codes all over if you did that. You have to check around with some exhaust dealer... like Grand Rock to see whether they have the exhaust that will work for your truck.

You may need some sort of electronics to avoid the codes.
If you remove the particulate filter.... I'm pretty sure you'll void a warranty. Not sure if it would be just the exhaust warranty or not. Likely more.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah That Was Me Thanks For The Info Im Just Worried About My Warrenty Cause Ive Had Freinds That Have Had There Warantys Pulled For Something As Stupid As The Tires Were To Big Do You Think It Would Be Better To Ask Befor The Fact Of Putting Any Thing On Or Just Hope For The Best And Start Ordering Parts
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 AM

Ok. The 2 companies that make dpf deletes are Bay Area Disiel Performance, (BADP), and H&S Performance. You can get as little as the delete kit itself, or as much as a complete turbo back system. 4" or 5". Both use a fooler box, but as of right now it is not code free. BADP is real close to code free, and I believe they are testing system as we speak. Both are technically illeagal, but who cares. They will void warrenty in most cases, but talk with your dealer, who knows. Edge Attitude will be the only programmer to clear codes automatically at start up. Other programmers such as insight, and dashhawk can clear, but you have to do it manually at start up. Even a cheap code reader can clear codes, but also manually. My advise: Wait for code free from BADP. Get the 5" turbo back stainless steel system. It's gonna cost around 1600 and probably void warrenty, but in the long run it will be saving you money on fuel and probably adding life to the engine.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Let it all Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATKID DIESLE
Yeah That Was Me Thanks For The Info Im Just Worried About My Warrenty Cause Ive Had Freinds That Have Had There Warantys Pulled For Something As Stupid As The Tires Were To Big Do You Think It Would Be Better To Ask Befor The Fact Of Putting Any Thing On Or Just Hope For The Best And Start Ordering Parts
If your realy concerned as most are, I would ask your dealer first. I kinda just prayed and hoped for the best and that worked for me and my tranny!

Dominic
'16 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, 3.73's, Aisin, 4x4
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:48 AM

how did you like the pane on your 6.7 and what were you runnin if you dont mind me askin
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM

You should not have to worry about warranty because 90% off the warranty problems start at the DPF and EGR.
If you use the H&S XRT tuner and the Flo Pro 5" 636NB With Muffler or 639NB no muffler you will be a happy man. It is the only way that I am aware of to completely close of the EGR system and remove the DPF "Code Free". You will pay for this kit in fuel mileage savings alone.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 AM

Man I know your pain but you will be ok and trust me the deletes will make it run so much better and you'll love the mpg increase not to metion the power change!

2007.5 Ram 3500 4x2 QC
6 speed manual
Edge Attitude with/ Juice
MP-8
S&B Cold Air Intake
4" TBE Flo-Pro
DPF delete
Egr and Egr Cooler delete
Black Tec Mafia #19
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Year old post. I'd hope the op has figured it out by now.

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode