safe EGT's for 6.7 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Dowls, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1731 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

safe EGT's for 6.7

I recently installed an Edge w Attitude and my EGT's regularly reach 1300 degrees on setting 3. Are the safe EGT's for the 6.7 higher than the 5.9 which was around 1150? Maybe my sensor is positioned wrong. Any tips will help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM

It all depends who you talk to you. When stock with the regen on driving down the highway it would sit at 1350 on a slight hill pulling my 4wheeler trailer once it went over 1350 regen would shut off. So I would say 1350 for quite some time is ok 1450 for a few min. and 1550 for a few seconds(10-20)should be fine.

07.5 6.7L 68RE, Electric Blue, 4X4, Carli Starter Kit, Edge Juice/Att. Hot Unlock, XRT 175v1, 4" TBE, CAI, Bushwacker Flares Painted, Window Vents Painted, Icon Wheels, Line X Bed Liner,Goerend Converter!! MHP Trans Tune
Memeber of TeamIdiots.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks,

I noticed you pulled the DPF and ran 4" exhaust. Do you come across a lot of errors or does the Edge take care of them. Do you have any numbers for performance gains with the new exhaust and intake?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 AM

I just read about a guy that had his 1800 degree guage pegged. He was pulling in the mountains, or something like that. Said he wished he had got a 2000 degree guage. Anyway my thoughts are if the egt's get to hot the truck will go into limp mode before it does damage to anything. I don't know this from experience, but isn't that what it's supposed to do? Has anyone ever had their truck go into limp mode? And if so, just how limp is it? Could you still pull 15 or 20 k? Or are you just screwed?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Before I did the exhaust and egr delete with my edge on stage 6 i could get the egt's up to 1800 very easy. After on stage 6 at the end of a 1/4 mile run i see 1300's. pulling my 30' inclosed snowmobile trail up the mountain passes I never see over 1100. Yes my edge takes care of the codes and it runs and driver better then new. When the come out with a new kit for the DPF (code free) ill be getting that because waiting for the edge to clear codes kinda bugs me. As well as the egr software. But it drives and runs great. Very glad I did it!!

07.5 6.7L 68RE, Electric Blue, 4X4, Carli Starter Kit, Edge Juice/Att. Hot Unlock, XRT 175v1, 4" TBE, CAI, Bushwacker Flares Painted, Window Vents Painted, Icon Wheels, Line X Bed Liner,Goerend Converter!! MHP Trans Tune
Memeber of TeamIdiots.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode