Cummins News letter - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by todt061458, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1166 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Cummins News letter

https://host9.aprimo.net/cummins/Apr...esel_15pw.html
Enjoy.:

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 01:29 AM

wow! it`s confirmed , dpf is a piece of &*"/$%%%
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocotte
wow! it`s confirmed , dpf is a piece of &*"/$%%%

!

Yeah Ive had mine at 8_% twice in the last 15 days... And it wasnt from hours of idling... thats total BS! One was after 2 days of short trips (less then 10 minutes each trip) for a total of 40 minutes of driving (in city)

IM STARTING TO GET REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF! Not to mention the MPG is absolute BS!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 AM

yea, funny how they fail to mention that the cleaning of the dpf requires the use of 4.50 fuel. and lot's of it. i say screw the dpf, and i hope i can get the same response from my dealer as cocotte when i'm ready to do mine.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvick
!

Yeah Ive had mine at 8_% twice in the last 15 days... And it wasnt from hours of idling... thats total BS! One was after 2 days of short trips (less then 10 minutes each trip) for a total of 40 minutes of driving (in city)

IM STARTING TO GET REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF! Not to mention the MPG is absolute BS!
bigvick, from reading your posts for several months now , i really believe your truck is not programmed correctly . my selling dealer didn't know what they were doing so i found a dealer that did and haven't had any problems with a lot of short trips . i do a lot of short trip driving and haven't had any problems now at 9000 miles .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

Sorry bigvic but you defenitly have a serious mpg problem! Don`t want to make you more agressive.... but you really have to get the dealer to sort it out !!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
yea, funny how they fail to mention that the cleaning of the dpf requires the use of 4.50 fuel. and lot's of it. i say screw the dpf, and i hope i can get the same response from my dealer as cocotte when i'm ready to do mine.

Seriously, I was surprise about the answer I got but it make sense ...think about how much time dealer`s service is loosing on that new crap! Worse, they had to fix the same problem on the same truck more than once! The service manager is going crazy about regen and all and is trying to find a way around it himself(mechanical way) and are even thinking about offering to install delete delete kit on the spot whitout telling dodge or cummins they do!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocotte
Sorry bigvic but you defenitly have a serious mpg problem! Don`t want to make you more agressive.... but you really have to get the dealer to sort it out !!!

I may be driving it over to see them this weekend... to dang busy during the week to deal with it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode