New truck question. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by madville, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 726 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Proud Texan

Garage
New truck question.

I bought a 2008 Dodge 2500 QC CTD 6.7L 4x4 about a month ago. I have about 1500 miles on it. Well I am averaging 17.6 mpg. It gets down to high 16's in town but I do mostly highway driving so stays there. I reset the meter every new tank and have gone to the pump 3 times so far.

I love the truck and haven't had any issues yet. I was just wondering what all could I do legally to get alittle bit more out of it. I have been talking to my dealer about programmers and intakes. I'm thinkin of getting the S&B cold air intake. I wanna get a programmer but I want to be able to change it on the fly. Been hard to find one of those for the new 6.7L

Was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM

The best brand programmer are not out yet....but they will soon(smarty&banks) Rumors are that smarty will be release may 1st ! Watch & shoot :
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Proud Texan
Threadstarter

Garage
Any rumors for on the fly tuning? That is what I want to be able to do. I don't want to have to hook up the truck and wait 10-15 minutes everytime to change it up.

Scooter
2008 Dodge Ram QC CTD 6.7L
Performance: Magnaflow straight 5" TBE, Industrial Injection Hybrid VGT, S&B CAI, H&S Performance XRT, Shibby EGR/EGR Cooler delete.
Exterior: Recon Smoked Cab lights, Windows tinted, Spray-in bedliner, Black nerf bars
Interior: Putco LED Dome lights, Alpine IVA-W505 Headunit, Marathon Realtree Camo Seat Covers
American Club #17
Singles Club #0
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM

edge with attitude would be my recommendation

2008 QC 4X4 6.7L/Auto bone stock
285/65R18 Nitto's on Moto Metal 954's

work truck 2008 CC 4x4 6.4L longbed
295/70R17 Nitto's

3250ts Big Country
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Proud Texan
Threadstarter

Garage
Well according to my friend at the dealership. He works in the parts dept and no way in hell would he sell me a bully dog programmer, and edge in his opinion was not worth the money.

Scooter
Performance: Magnaflow straight 5" TBE, Industrial Injection Hybrid VGT, S&B CAI, H&S Performance XRT, Shibby EGR/EGR Cooler delete.
Exterior: Recon Smoked Cab lights, Windows tinted, Spray-in bedliner, Black nerf bars
Interior: Putco LED Dome lights, Alpine IVA-W505 Headunit, Marathon Realtree Camo Seat Covers
American Club #17
Singles Club #0
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM

smarty should be on the fly, 15 differents settings, delete and...code free! If you`re patient enought the cleanest stuff and most reliable should be coming out of Banks sometime before christmas...hihihii ! Personnaly I`m definitly waiting for Banks big hoss complete kit. Tested and tested and tested seriously over a very long period! Not the most powerfull but the most reliable for sure! But right now, nothing 100% code free and nothing I would try for fun on my personnal vehicule....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Proud Texan
Threadstarter

Garage
Yea I just don't wanna get something to blow up the motor. I mean it is fine the way it is, just wanna get alittle more out of it. Don't need like 150 hp extra and what not, I mean I'm really more looking for fuel economy. I do haul stuff alot though too, hence why I went from the chevy 6.0L gas to this. Milage+power is what I want, and the gas I was lucky to get 13 on the highway unloaded.

My father has the 3500 drw and has the superchips firefly I think it is called. I like that but not available for 6.7L yet

Scooter
American Club #17
Singles Club #0
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 AM

i'm pretty sure juice with attitude will tune on the fly. juice alone won't, but with the attitude monitor it should.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode