Powerstroke converting to a CUMMINS! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by IgotTwins, this thread has received 56 replies and been viewed 5630 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Powerstroke converting to a CUMMINS!

Ok so i currently own a 08 6.4L and i HATE IT!! and was just wondering what the deal is with all of the emissions on the new cummins? what do you have to do or how big of a pain in the ***** is it to put a pipe on it and make some big power? Ford really shot themselves in the foot with this truck and my self and others are converting to something better and i really like the cummins so im just lookin for some info on what i can do without spending as much as i paid for the truck to get some sort of decent hp numbers be for i buy!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 PM

:cheers :cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotTwins
Ok so i currently own a 08 6.4L and i HATE IT!! and was just wondering what the deal is with all of the emissions on the new cummins? what do you have to do or how big of a pain in the ***** is it to put a pipe on it and make some big power? Ford really shot themselves in the foot with this truck and my self and others are converting to something better and i really like the cummins so im just lookin for some info on what i can do without spending as much as i paid for the truck to get some sort of decent hp numbers be for i buy!

Thanks

Finally, finally all of you recent Ford owner will learn that the first think you look at when thinking diesel truck is .....THE ENGINE!!! and not the look of the truck or the interior. I don`t give a $/?&**% about my DODGE....what I know is that I`ve got a CUMMINS!!! Not a Isuzu gaser or a even worst, a International ...:hehe Hope you will enjoy a REAL engine soon! :Thumbup: Oh I almost forgot....you will apreciate the monster rear diff (11 1/2)hihihihi standard on all 2500+ not even available on F350 and the big manual 6 speed available with Dodge(Mercedes Benz are using it around the world in 5 to 10 tons trucks so it`s OVERKILL) ENJOY you`re new real truck !!!
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:16 AM

Well I guess if 350 some odd hp isn't decent enough for you stock, get dpf delete turbo back straight 5", stage 2 intake, and juice/attitude. Should be able to pick it up for around 2000-2500 dollars. I wouldn't run the juice without the dpf delete though. Maybe on tow mode, but not on any higher levels. That's just asking for a dpf full message.
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:28 AM

for me 350 hp is a decent hp . it wasn't that long ago , if we could get 300 hp out of a truck with tons of mods , we were happy . these trucks come out of the box with 350 horses . by the way , i love my 6.7 . and like cocotte said these are great transmissions . one weak link in the past rams was the transmissions but, these are a new breed . even the autos seem to be top notch in these new trucks .
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia dawg
for me 350 hp is a decent hp . it wasn't that long ago , if we could get 300 hp out of a truck with tons of mods , we were happy . these trucks come out of the box with 350 horses . by the way , i love my 6.7 . and like cocotte said these are great transmissions . one weak link in the past rams was the transmissions but, these are a new breed . even the autos seem to be top notch in these new trucks .

Now you got the point with the hp a few years back :Thumbup:
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Hacky!

Send a message via Yahoo to Binderpower
Whatever flips your trigger, floats your boat, etc, etc. I hope the dodge works out better for ya. I have nothing negative to say.

As for IH the worst, man when is this crap going to end. Why don't you crawl, wait you don't have to crawl to see a real engine, all you have to do is stand up right and look at an IH engine in any ole IH tractor, that they produced in over 5,000,000 tractors. Over 5,000,000 IH trucks, etc. People and their hatred toward another make is just childish. I love cummins, I love cat engines, etc, but I will be the last one to blaspheme another. The DT466 has gone thru many changes, but it doesn't take away the legend. It has been in production since the early 70's and was heavily tested throughout the late 60's. But as for a real engine, the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 look like real engines to me also. My 7.3 has treated me very well. It has done everything I expected of it. My friends cummins has treated him very well. My friends d-max has done the same. So you explain to me a real engine? They all internally combust. They all have moving parts. They are all made out of the same material, besides the aluminum heads on the d-max, but that is moot. They all perform about the same. It is no different than me telling you, ya, why don't ya get a real truck, get a Kenworth, how stupid is that?

Again wish you well with your new truck. I think you will like it. If you don't try another. Try a d-max or try another psd.

Why farm half when you can FARMALL!

Give fools their gold, and knaves their power;
Let fortune's bubbles rise and fall;
Who sows a field, or trains a flower,
Or plants a tree, is more than all.- Whittier.

"A Liberal is a person who will giveaway everything he doesn't own

When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both
Diesel Power
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 AM

Wow touch a nerve? As for the IH stuff, there is something to be said for the DT466 that motor is a good tough one, no doubt. The 7.3 was pretty reliable and a good motor as well. Now for the 6.0---6.4 versions, I don't agree. I have quite a few buddys that are ford guys and they work there trucks everyday working in the woods. They put there trucks to the test everyday, and they all wish they had there 7.3 back. Not a one has a good thing to say about the new ones. I am a dodge and cummins guy, but to each his own, I just don't agree about the new IH motors.

2007.5 DODGE 6.7 1-TON 6-speed stock for now. B&W turnover ball.
1994 DODGE 5.9 3/4 TON AUTO, DD4 injectors,191 DV's, 0 plate,3K GSK,Timing at 16.5, Volant air intake, Straight pipe 4", BD tranny.
1999 VW jetta TDI 5-speed 50 M.P.G. +
2006 Jayco Talon 5th wheel toyhauler 36'
1969 Chevy stepside still stock but not for long

THE PULLER 1977 CHEVY STEPSIDE
468 BIG BLOCK ALUMINUM RODS,PISTONS,HEADS,PROFAB T-CASE.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Hacky!

Send a message via Yahoo to Binderpower
Ya it may have touched a nerve, especially when I have seen no issues with them besides the turbo in my experiences, and that isn't even a IH issue, but a garret issue. But what I am saying is why disrespect a good engine maker? No harm no foul. Happy dieseling...

Why farm half when you can FARMALL!

Give fools their gold, and knaves their power;
Let fortune's bubbles rise and fall;
Who sows a field, or trains a flower,
Or plants a tree, is more than all.- Whittier.

"A Liberal is a person who will giveaway everything he doesn't own

When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both
Diesel Power
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:17 PM

can your cummins make 567 hp on stock everything? Then new ferd can, just reminding you:
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotTwins

Thanks
why dont you like your truck if you dont mind me asking

08 f250 6.4
stock?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode