08 dodge check engine light - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dhingle, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1245 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

08 dodge check engine light

i have an 08 4x4 2500 cummins that i bought new in december. it has 4900 miles, 1200 miles ago, 3/28/08 cel came on, took it to dealer was told it was caused by emissions problems, ended up getting new turbo and egr system cleaned and flashed as well as new decal on visor and 2nd copy of dvd. today cel came on again am taking it back to shop in a.m. hope this isn't the start of a bad relationship. i have several friends w/ 07-08 dodge's and am the only one w/ any problems. anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Let it all Ride

Yeah, keep good documentation on all that's going on incase you have to lemon law the truck.

Dominic
'16 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, 3.73's, Aisin, 4x4
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

day 2 in the shop for desooting, just spoke w/ service writer and was told shop foreman is now looking at it because it still isn't right. i called the chrysler customer care number and told them i wanted out of the vehicle and almost dropped the phone when he said ok, lets get the paperwork started, he took a lot of info, spoke w/ dealership, cameback to me and said generally on 3rd attempt to fix same problem chrysler will do what it takes to remedy problem and gave me a reference # for future use. i was expecting some free oilchange coupons and a mopar jacket. figure just smoke up the old arse but we will see. on another subject if you put a dpf delete on the truck won't you still get the build up of carbon unless you destroy the catalyst? if so wouldn't that do more harm than good? this is my first dodge and diesel so don't know much about it.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 AM

The dpf delete will straight pipe the truck except for maybe a flow through muffler, so the only carbon buildup will be on the outside .

2007.5 DODGE 6.7 1-TON 6-speed stock for now. B&W turnover ball.
1994 DODGE 5.9 3/4 TON AUTO, DD4 injectors,191 DV's, 0 plate,3K GSK,Timing at 16.5, Volant air intake, Straight pipe 4", BD tranny.
1999 VW jetta TDI 5-speed 50 M.P.G. +
2006 Jayco Talon 5th wheel toyhauler 36'
1969 Chevy stepside still stock but not for long

THE PULLER 1977 CHEVY STEPSIDE
468 BIG BLOCK ALUMINUM RODS,PISTONS,HEADS,PROFAB T-CASE.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 AM
H.O. Cummins

Garage
this is why i didnt by a dpf equipped truck ... just remember dpf equipped vehicles are subject to emission laws ... just get the truck bought back and go with a used 06 ... in my humble opinion ... the whole soot burn cycle and engine regen mode makes me wander ... i have always heard high egt's are bad for diesels but in order for the soot burn to happen egt's are substantually raised.

Best of luck gettin your truck fixed and hope all goes well with chrysler if you have to file lemon law

4 more years ... sigh ...

Texas Club #3

05 dodge, g56 6 speed, PPE excellerator, AFE mega cannon, Banks monster ram intake, redneck exhaust, 5" lift with 37" cooper tires.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

got the truck back last night, the dealer did 2 mobile desoot procedures, had same code as before p2262. no boost detected. work order says they have done all they can do until chrysler comes out w/ tsb on how to clean turbo. wasn't 2 blocks down road from picking it up and light came on again, service writer told me to drive it till we come up w/ something.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingle
got the truck back last night, the dealer did 2 mobile desoot procedures, had same code as before p2262. no boost detected. work order says they have done all they can do until chrysler comes out w/ tsb on how to clean turbo. wasn't 2 blocks down road from picking it up and light came on again, service writer told me to drive it till we come up w/ something.

THAT JUST SUCKS *****!!!

These trucks would be the best on the road if it wasnt for the DPF/EMISSIONS BS!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvick
THAT JUST SUCKS *****!!!

These trucks would be the best on the road if it wasnt for the DPF/EMISSIONS BS!

That sucks, What suckes even worse, is i have never heard of any other Ford, GM, or Dodge having the same problem, Is the Regeneration Process not working like it should on your truck or what??

Tim S. Mississippi Gulf Coast
2008 F350 King Ranch Crew Cab Dually 4x4
SPARTAN DASHDAQ W/DPF DELETE - BFG 315s - AFE PRO DRY CAI

****FOR SALE****
2000 F250 CREW CAB SWB 4X4 7.3L
28.5" CHASE N HOOKERS LIFT on 49" SUPER SWAMPER IROKS - FULL HYDRO STEERING
EDGE EVOLUTION - EDGE JUICE W/ATTIUDE MONITOR - K&N CAI - AIR HORNS
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

here is the latest... +service tech emailed chrysler to see what to do, found out they are fixing to release a new tsb that will instruct to tap a hole in the side of the turbo so that when the light comes on they can spray a solvent into it to clean it then recap hole w/ plug. seems the cost of dodge replacing turbos all the time is too much. i told service man that sucks, not fixing problem just making it cheaper for dodge to fix. i don't know why dodge won't pull the dpf off the market and replace trucks out there w/ straight pipe and work on it aagain, is it not required until 2010? why the rush, they are doing some severe p.r. damage.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

been 5200 miles and have not had it cycle through yet except when they do it at the shop. by the way light is off again on its own. think i am going to take sensor from my brothers truck and swap to see if it is the sensor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode