Any truth to rumor - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by blizzardplower, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 996 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Any truth to rumor

someone was telling me that the #2 rings on the motor are undersized cause a leak and after a while cause the engine block to crack. i don't if theres any truth to the rumor just heard it from someone that was at a cummins engine plant and said they had 50 or so of them do that.

also what are the other problems that the 6.7 are having. my friend is looking to buy one to do car transport and don't want to see him have tons of problems with it. i know the 5.9 cummins were great motors just don't know to much about the 6.7. any information would be apprieciated. Jim

'07 F350 dually 6spd manual trans, custom EGR delete, sct tune by the wonderful DJ, 4 pillar gauge pod with oil press., fuel press., boost and pyro, aFe intake with proguard 7 filter, arp headstuds, 29" hadley air horns, 15% tint all around with 10" eyebrow on windshield, 6" superlift lift kit, dual steering stabilizers, 5" mbrp straight pipe, 35"x12.5" cooper stt tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM

Haven't heard or read anything like that, and I have read a ton of info on these things in the last year. Most of the problems are emissions related, and a few injectors. Have seen a few motor problems, but they were modded pretty heavy.

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yea the emissions related problems are the only thing that i come across on a consistant basis. i quess time will tell what major problems there are if any with these motors. thanks fuzzy for your input and if you hear anything let me know. thanks jim

'07 F350 dually 6spd manual trans, custom EGR delete, sct tune by the wonderful DJ, 4 pillar gauge pod with oil press., fuel press., boost and pyro, aFe intake with proguard 7 filter, arp headstuds, 29" hadley air horns, 15% tint all around with 10" eyebrow on windshield, 6" superlift lift kit, dual steering stabilizers, 5" mbrp straight pipe, 35"x12.5" cooper stt tires
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardplower View Post
yea the emissions related problems are the only thing that i come across on a consistant basis. i quess time will tell what major problems there are if any with these motors. thanks fuzzy for your input and if you hear anything let me know. thanks jim
the 6.7 has been out for 3 model years now . i think any major engine failure problems would have shown up by now . as of now , the only problem has been the emissions and that seems to have settled down .

started with 1996 2500 4x4 auto
then a 2004.5 2500 4x4
now have a 2007.5 6.7 4x4 3500 drw mega cab 3:73 rear G56

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode