The Diesel Garage banner

P2262 & B1790 CELs

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  08'3500Mega 
#1 ·
Well, I had a check engine light a few weeks ago come on during the weekend, but went off before Monday (before I could get it to the dealer).

But it is back....and it starts!:bang

Took it in today and it has a P2262 and B1790. So we'll see what happens from here!

(should I have sold that '97 PSD of mine?!?!?!!!!)
:bang

#2 ·
How many miles? The 2262 is the turbo. Could be soot, but if you don't have many miles, it's more than likely just needs flashed. Never heard of the other one, doesn't the B stand for body? Did they tell you what it was?

#7 ·
How many miles? ...........
Under 3,000!:bang

I read alot about folks being told to use the EB more to avoid the issue. But something doesn't sit right with me that you have to do such a thing. It 'may' work, but doesn't sound right! The truck should operate fine without 'having' to do so.

Plus I'd like to see the full guts of the turbo and exhaust brake set-up to first grasp what is more beneficial. Using the exhaist brake must still put other components in a more wear situation too?!?! So which is "right?"

Working within the automotive industry, I just do too much working/discussing with various groups/designers, and components need to work good. If they don't, then resolve the issue. Driving with the EB on, or adding a drain plug is merely temporary. I want a long term fix.:thumbsup

B1790 was something like Trailer Tow Lamp Circuit Overcuurent.

#3 ·
B1790 Autolamp Sensor Input Circuit Failure thats what i found for it

#4 ·
When my truck threw the p2262 3 times i got a new turbo free of charge then came the deletes lol

#6 ·
No you were right i think i looked on the edge site and it said B was body but that sure is not a body code unless they tie it into it??? I found the code on google

#11 ·
Well I received a voice mail stating it is ready for pickup. Needed an ECM reflash. We'll see if that works or not.:(

#12 ·
i beleive the last flash that seemed to cure my 2262 code was low boost/turbo issue,the flash was "ay" seemed to run the best with that one good luck,mine was lemon lawed after 15+ trips to dealer,09 seems ok but only 600 miles on it so far

#13 ·
Last time I had p2262 they had to change my turbo:(

#14 ·
Time will tell. I did pick it up this evening and the service writer was.........extremely reluctant to answer what was done to the truck.:gaah Bottom line he didn't know and asted like he wouldn't even find out. That doesn't fly for me.

So I asked several questions and finally he called the tech who worked on it. Novel idea, isn't it! I was updated from an AP to an AS ECM flash. I asked what the difference was and he had what seemed like a decent response. Originally, the ECM would look for the vane of the turbo to be in "home position" right at atart up. The new flash doesn't look for that variable for at least 5 minutes into operation, or looks at the operation then. So maybe just hiding the real problem. I'll buy that for now.

But then I asked about my other code.............and everyone gave a blank stare. What code? I then reminded the service writer that we all stood there yesterday when 2 codes were pulled from the truck. Obviously that 2nd one was not looked at.

So we went out to recheck for it and it was gone. Oh well, no biggie. They "B" codes won't trip the CEL anyway. But I also asked if he could enable the high idle function, while he had the scanner, so he did.:rock Now I just have to figure out how to use it! :haha

#15 ·
when they pulled the 2262 on my 08 they cleaned the turbo first,then next week when it came on they put new complete turbo,all new egr,lines and all on,they just love to spend money !!!!

#17 ·
You will only have to ground the wire if it is a Manny Tanny...unless they have changed something from my 07..just hit the cruise button with it in park and then hit set and it should go to around 1000rpm then use the accel button to raise it for 1000-1500ish where ever you want it set..then you can decel it within that range with the decel button or just hit the cruise button to turn it off.

#18 ·
:bravo :whs

I tried it the next morning and it works just fine. So it will be there and ready for the next cold season!:happymugs

#20 ·
I have had the P2262 twice once at 8000 once at 26000. The first time the light had gone back off, they saw it in the history and got a new turbo just because it was there. The second time the slide in the turbo was getting stuck and again it got replaced. That time with the redesigned turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.