P2262 & B1790 CELs - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 4rcFed, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 3601 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thumbs down P2262 & B1790 CELs

Well, I had a check engine light a few weeks ago come on during the weekend, but went off before Monday (before I could get it to the dealer).

But it is back....and it starts!

Took it in today and it has a P2262 and B1790. So we'll see what happens from here!

(should I have sold that '97 PSD of mine?!?!?!!!!)

2008 Dodge 2500 Mega Ram, SLT, Powered by a little 'ol 408 cubic inch six cylinder!!!

Chrysler's warranty = Not worth the paper it is printed on!!!

Gone, but not forgotten!!!
1997 FORD F-250 HD
7.3L, XLT, Off-Road Package
3.55's, E4OD, 4wd, Dana 60 swap, 3" Sky RSK, 315/70/17's on Racelines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:19 AM

How many miles? The 2262 is the turbo. Could be soot, but if you don't have many miles, it's more than likely just needs flashed. Never heard of the other one, doesn't the B stand for body? Did they tell you what it was?

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Built Not Bought

B1790 Autolamp Sensor Input Circuit Failure thats what i found for it

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

2007 2500 6.7 4x4 Handshaker SOLD

Military Quote Of The Year

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

MSGT Harry T. Serres, USAF Ret.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Built Not Bought

When my truck threw the p2262 3 times i got a new turbo free of charge then came the deletes lol

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOTBANDIT View Post
Thanks. I guess B don't stand for body then.
I knew it wasn't a performance code though.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Built Not Bought

No you were right i think i looked on the edge site and it said B was body but that sure is not a body code unless they tie it into it??? I found the code on google

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
How many miles? ...........
Under 3,000!

I read alot about folks being told to use the EB more to avoid the issue. But something doesn't sit right with me that you have to do such a thing. It 'may' work, but doesn't sound right! The truck should operate fine without 'having' to do so.

Plus I'd like to see the full guts of the turbo and exhaust brake set-up to first grasp what is more beneficial. Using the exhaist brake must still put other components in a more wear situation too?!?! So which is "right?"

Working within the automotive industry, I just do too much working/discussing with various groups/designers, and components need to work good. If they don't, then resolve the issue. Driving with the EB on, or adding a drain plug is merely temporary. I want a long term fix.

B1790 was something like Trailer Tow Lamp Circuit Overcuurent.

2008 Dodge 2500 Mega Ram, SLT, Powered by a little 'ol 408 cubic inch six cylinder!!!

Chrysler's warranty = Not worth the paper it is printed on!!!

Gone, but not forgotten!!!
1997 FORD F-250 HD
7.3L, XLT, Off-Road Package
3.55's, E4OD, 4wd, Dana 60 swap, 3" Sky RSK, 315/70/17's on Racelines.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Built Not Bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOTBANDIT View Post
I stand corrected i just looked at that site again they say they are GM codes my bad

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rcFed View Post
Under 3,000!

I read alot about folks being told to use the EB more to avoid the issue. But something doesn't sit right with me that you have to do such a thing. It 'may' work, but doesn't sound right! The truck should operate fine without 'having' to do so.

Plus I'd like to see the full guts of the turbo and exhaust brake set-up to first grasp what is more beneficial. Using the exhaist brake must still put other components in a more wear situation too?!?! So which is "right?"

Working within the automotive industry, I just do too much working/discussing with various groups/designers, and components need to work good. If they don't, then resolve the issue. Driving with the EB on, or adding a drain plug is merely temporary. I want a long term fix.

B1790 was something like Trailer Tow Lamp Circuit Overcuurent.
Since my truck was new, it's the second thing I do. First is start, second is turn on the exhaust brake on. Still do it, even deleted. If this makes sence, I'll try to explain it, but I'm not up on all the turbo talk.
The turbo has vains that slide. With all the soot that's being pushed back through the motor, those sliding vains want to get a build up of soot, and thus get stuck. So somehow using the exaust brake works those slides more, thus knocking the soot off before it gets all crusted on there. Now I agree it's kind of a joke, but running the brake doesn't hurt a thing. And if my turbo talk or wording is wrong, someone correct me, but that's basically what's happening in there. What they will probably do is clean the turbo, and give you the latest flash, which is helping. Awhile back flashes were just a joke, but I've read the newest ones are getting it better.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
Since my truck was new, it's the second thing I do. First is start, second is turn on the exhaust brake on. Still do it, even deleted. If this makes sence, I'll try to explain it, but I'm not up on all the turbo talk.
The turbo has vains that slide. With all the soot that's being pushed back through the motor, those sliding vains want to get a build up of soot, and thus get stuck. So somehow using the exaust brake works those slides more, thus knocking the soot off before it gets all crusted on there. Now I agree it's kind of a joke, but running the brake doesn't hurt a thing. And if my turbo talk or wording is wrong, someone correct me, but that's basically what's happening in there. What they will probably do is clean the turbo, and give you the latest flash, which is helping. Awhile back flashes were just a joke, but I've read the newest ones are getting it better.
Fuzzy you pretty much put it the same way I took it. with the exhaust brake on it forces the fins or veins on the VGT open and closed thus keeping them I believe open longer to let the soot out. I run mine all the time and another thing that can help from running it all the time is the extended life of the service brakes on our trucks. If I ever get another diesel down the road I will be putting an exhaust brake on it for sure.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode