Smarty Update? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by neeltburn, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1287 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
Smarty Update?

I know a few guys out there are running smarty. I was wondering if anyone had an update as to how its been preforming. Also is anyone running it with the EGR and DPF still in place and if so how is it. How are the S67mes doing on trucks with deletes...

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Hey, I still love my smarty. There has now been 6 different "me" programs since it's release. 07me was the first, and it's the one I still currently run. 12me is the latest, and I got it on my computer, just not on my truck yet. Sounds like it's pretty good though. None have been bad, but 09 and 10 "me" started playing with boost fooling, and 09me had the turbo screaming loud. 10me toned down the whistle some, but I never liked the way the turbo would start to be fooled around 1500 rpms, and cruising at those rpms would make the turbo jump back and forth from being fooled and not being fooled. 12me sounds great. A little less boost fooling, and some excellent milage numbers are being reported. Maybe I'll load it this weekend, but I'm not driving my truck much lately. Oh and I shouldn't make it sound like they have tried all these different me programs. Marco has only released the 07me, and the 12me. Everything in between was sent to just certain testers for marco, and then they would get passed on thru email. The only two official releases from mads are 07, and 12me. But I still like mine. As for your other question, about a stock truck, WHAT'S THAT????

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA
Threadstarter

Garage
thanks Fuzzy, Im debating about getting it and running it w/o deletes and then do deletes later but it may bite me in the warranty dept..just seeing how it was going...what kind of mileage numbers are you seeing..is your exhaust 4 or 5?

6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA
Threadstarter

Garage
Fuzzy, quick question for you...are you seeing any codes with smarty? and what setting are you running while towing or do you changes settings at all...?

6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 AM

Still running the original 07me, and I do see codes once a week. Almost like clockwork, every friday I pop 2080, and 2084. From what I'm hearing though 12me, has all this worked out, and everyone is loving it. Wish I had more time to actually get loaded, so I could see for myself. I've only towed on sw3, and sw1, but I know guys that tow on sw7 with no problems. They carefully watch everything though. My last milage was 11.3 towing the camper at 75 mph.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA
Threadstarter

Garage
Sounds like a good deal.. I was thinking that SW3 would be the best for towing unless you used a tune without timming. Does it download to the truck smoothly? sorry for all the questions again but like I have said before I want to make sure I make the right choice. also fuzzy what exhaust are you running. 4 or 5 in TBE

6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 AM

Takes like 13 minutes to load off the computer onto the smarty, and like 5 or six minutes to load to the truck. It's pretty smooth really, and smarty will not load to your truck if there is a problem with the software. Say it didn't load off your computer right, and you try to load it to your truck. It won't do it, so as not to mess up your truck. It kind of stinks that you need to reload everytime you change the sw's, and even if you just want to turn up the torque, timing, or fueling within the same sw, you have to reload it. But still it only takes 5 or 6 minutes. Also if there is ever a problem while loading it to the truck, say you kick the obd2, and it comes unplugged. When you plug it back in Smarty will automatically help you put the stock tune back in, and then you can start to load again. It's pretty dummie proof, but can be a little confusing when downloading the software, and getting all you need on your computer, just to get it set up. USB drivers and all that stuff. You talked about putting it on a stock truck, and I think it would be fine. Marco has all of these tunes, even the "me" tunes nearly smoke free. So if any of you are looking for smoke, smarty is not for you. He has it all maximized for economy, and smooth power. Later on some race tunes will be coming out, and I would imagine there will be some smoke with them. I'm not saying sw7, and sw9 don't smoke at all, but not near as much as xrt. I love it. Oh and I think xrt is like a 15 to 20 minute load to the truck.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
Takes like 13 minutes to load off the computer onto the smarty, and like 5 or six minutes to load to the truck. It's pretty smooth really, and smarty will not load to your truck if there is a problem with the software. Say it didn't load off your computer right, and you try to load it to your truck. It won't do it, so as not to mess up your truck. It kind of stinks that you need to reload everytime you change the sw's, and even if you just want to turn up the torque, timing, or fueling within the same sw, you have to reload it. But still it only takes 5 or 6 minutes. Also if there is ever a problem while loading it to the truck, say you kick the obd2, and it comes unplugged. When you plug it back in Smarty will automatically help you put the stock tune back in, and then you can start to load again. It's pretty dummie proof, but can be a little confusing when downloading the software, and getting all you need on your computer, just to get it set up. USB drivers and all that stuff. You talked about putting it on a stock truck, and I think it would be fine. Marco has all of these tunes, even the "me" tunes nearly smoke free. So if any of you are looking for smoke, smarty is not for you. He has it all maximized for economy, and smooth power. Later on some race tunes will be coming out, and I would imagine there will be some smoke with them. I'm not saying sw7, and sw9 don't smoke at all, but not near as much as xrt. I love it. Oh and I think xrt is like a 15 to 20 minute load to the truck.
thanks again fuzzy, I found the thread over at the cummins forum and have read a little bit of that although I have yet to join, I think all that did for me is to give me more questions. I think the power levels of smarty will suit my needs for than that of the xrt. Like I said before im not looking for big hp or lots of smoke just reliable performance and decent mileage.

6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Built Not Bought

I stil have no tmade up my mind if one day i will try the smarty or xrt? I know [email protected] is coming out very soon or it is already out but the black magic it is the same monitor as the PMT but it cost $1200 and if you already bought the xrt tuner and you have guages they are basically useless. The XRT tuner is not shift on the fly but the black magic(PMT)is but the will not get $1200 mr for that. I am not downing any of these 2 products but the edge may be dumb proof but stacked they are very lethal and i like my ability of shift on the fly. But who knows one smarty may be in the mail or xrt??????????

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

2007 2500 6.7 4x4 Handshaker SOLD

Military Quote Of The Year

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

MSGT Harry T. Serres, USAF Ret.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
ADMIN/MAFIA
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOTBANDIT View Post
I stil have no tmade up my mind if one day i will try the smarty or xrt? I know [email protected] is coming out very soon or it is already out but the black magic it is the same monitor as the PMT but it cost $1200 and if you already bought the xrt tuner and you have guages they are basically useless. The XRT tuner is not shift on the fly but the black magic(PMT)is but the will not get $1200 mr for that. I am not downing any of these 2 products but the edge may be dumb proof but stacked they are very lethal and i like my ability of shift on the fly. But who knows one smarty may be in the mail or xrt??????????
Is anyone on here running the XRT? I would also Like to hear any info about it as well..

6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode