Progammers - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by -lenny-, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1274 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
6.7L Man Van

Progammers

I know this topic has been beat to death on many different forums, so I hope this doesn't turn into a bash-fest. I am just looking for some info, hoping to make the right choice when I finally get a programmer.

Right now, it looks like there are two clear choices: Smarty and XRT. They seem to be very close, with only minor differences between them. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. If I were to buy today, I know which one I would get, but I want to clear something up.

Spartan, the guys making the incredible power on the Ford 6.4 and soon the Ford 6.7 too. I read something, I might have taken it the wrong way, but to me it sounded like they were going to put out a programmer for the 6.7 Cummins. Everything else I have ever read has them as being Ford only, sort of like Smarty is to Dodge. But better. Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks

08 MC 3500 68RFE
Mostly Stock

Last edited by -lenny-; 09-06-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Redneck with some Bling

Garage
Lenny I love my smarty as you saw it does not blacken the sky with smoke the XRT smokes alot all the time on the hight settings the ??? to you is do you whant to smoke alot or just at WOT some state and town hand out big fine in the state for that cant say I saw alot of coal rollen from trucks last week when I was up there XRT you have to do the deletes and they do make 25hp more

2007 Dodge 2500 Mega cab Laramie fully loaded (love my heated seats in the winter) 6.7L
Banks cold air intake w/super scoop techni-cooler
wishing someone would steal my DPF Holly crap it fell off the other day
EGR stealth kit on
SMARTY OMG love it
6" stacks
Klienn Train horns 156.9db Get out of my way or you will pee yourself
HID projector headlights Custom grill with 7" EURO lights ("can you see me now")
37x14.5x20 NITTO TG HELO rims
6" TGC W/ pure porformance long arm kit
6" ATLAS rear springs
Rides like a 1500

to all military members MARINE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYwzk-G4Q8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3Qkjljk4o
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
6.7L Man Van
Threadstarter

If I bought one right now, I'd go for a Smarty. Everything I've read sounds like they are more what I'm looking for. I think I'll probably try and wait till spring. If nothing major changes, I'll get the Smarty and deletes done before we take our 5th wheel down south in April or May. Hopefully I can find some numbers to run safely towing. 5th scales in at 15500 pounds, and is 13'4" tall. This April pulling the 5th down south, got 7.8 mpg on a 5000 mile trip. Almost 650 gallons of diesel in 3 weeks. So I guess my main interest is getting better mpg, but who doesn't like more power? I have 15000 miles on the odometer now, so that should help me out quite a bit too.

08 MC 3500 68RFE
Mostly Stock
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 AM
got diesel

i run the smarty pulling my 37' toy hauler full loaded at 18000lbs in the mountains of colorado and i get 10-15 mpg depending how crazy i get on the pedal. i get 21-22 mpg on the highway empty
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
6.7L Man Van
Threadstarter

Mike80433,
Towing my 5th, 15000 pounds, the best I can muster is 10mpg on the flats. Empty the best I've done was 17, but that was through the mountains and had some city driving. What settings do you run on your Smarty when towing? Do you have any transmission mods? How about settings when empty?

Thanks a lot...

08 MC 3500 68RFE
Mostly Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode