sevice indacator - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Rev., this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1731 times.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 73
Points: 28,706
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
sevice indacator

Anyone know how to clear the service indicator that comes on to remind you to clean egr and ccv?

2008 Dually Quad Cab, 6 Speed Auto 3.73, Edge W/Attitude,21/2" Hell bent Leveling Kit, Firestone Airbags, DIY Step Bars,EGR Delete, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust From K-2 Diesel, Cummins Mud Flaps,ATC Topper and Rhino lined rockers front to back
Rev. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:41 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA
 
neeltburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 4,834
Points: 57,095
Thanks: 302
Thanked 691 Times in 599 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. View Post
Anyone know how to clear the service indicator that comes on to remind you to clean egr and ccv?
to my knowledge you have to use the "Starscan" tool which is the computer that dealers have. Does the Edge not clear it? If you are running sims try unplugging them and cleaning the connection and reinstalling the sims. (this would be dpf related) I also assume this is on the overhead not a CEL?

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs


2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler






9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET

Last edited by neeltburn; 11-27-2009 at 03:44 AM.
neeltburn is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 73
Points: 28,706
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
yep overhead. edge will not clear it. It does come on after about 65000 miles to remind you to replace ccv. all I can find in the owners manual is "find clearing procedures in appropriate place"

2008 Dually Quad Cab, 6 Speed Auto 3.73, Edge W/Attitude,21/2" Hell bent Leveling Kit, Firestone Airbags, DIY Step Bars,EGR Delete, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust From K-2 Diesel, Cummins Mud Flaps,ATC Topper and Rhino lined rockers front to back

Last edited by Rev.; 11-28-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Rev. is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:18 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA
 
neeltburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 4,834
Points: 57,095
Thanks: 302
Thanked 691 Times in 599 Posts
Garage
hmm...maybe call dodge or cummins?

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs


2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler






9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
neeltburn is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Built Not Bought
 
SOOTBANDIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Columbia Missouri
Posts: 3,072
Points: 78,365
Thanks: 496
Thanked 264 Times in 225 Posts
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. View Post
Anyone know how to clear the service indicator that comes on to remind you to clean egr and ccv?
Buy a XRT!!! I had the same problem before i got smart

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

2007 2500 6.7 4x4 Handshaker SOLD



Military Quote Of The Year

________________________________

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

MSGT Harry T. Serres, USAF Ret.
SOOTBANDIT is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9
Points: 1,790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Service indicator code

Turn key on push accelarate to the floor 2 times and then push the brake 2 times then turn key off. This work for me. Need to do this in 30 sec.
Jim A. is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Senior Member
 
fuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 268
Points: 23,474
Thanks: 4
Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts
Oil Change Indicator System
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. This system will alert you when it is time to change your engine oil by displaying the words “Oil Change Required” on your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate depending on your personal driving style. Driving styles such as frequent stop and go type driving can increase the frequency of the engine oil change. This is the result of more frequent regeneration of the exhaust aftertreatment system, which can decrease the life of the engine oil. Failure to change the engine oil per the maintenance schedule can result in internal engine damage.

For information on resetting the Oil Change Indicator message, refer to “Oil Change Required – If Equipped,” under “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)'” in the “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” Section of this manual.



OIL CHANGE INDICATOR - RESET
To reset the “Oil Change Required” indicator (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Oil Change Required” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.



Perform Service Indicator
Your vehicle will require emissions maintenance at a set interval. To help remind you when this maintenance is due, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) will display “Perform Service”. When the “Perform Service” message is displayed on the EVIC it is necessary to have the emissions maintenance performed. Emissions maintenance includes replacing the Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) filter element, cleaning or replacement of the EGR Cooler, and cleaning or replacement of the EGR Valve.

See your local authorized dealer to have the “Perform Service” message cleared and reset.



PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
fuzzy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy For this addition to TDG:
Rev. (12-09-2009)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
ADMIN/MAFIA
 
neeltburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 4,834
Points: 57,095
Thanks: 302
Thanked 691 Times in 599 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
Oil Change Indicator System
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. This system will alert you when it is time to change your engine oil by displaying the words “Oil Change Required” on your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate depending on your personal driving style. Driving styles such as frequent stop and go type driving can increase the frequency of the engine oil change. This is the result of more frequent regeneration of the exhaust aftertreatment system, which can decrease the life of the engine oil. Failure to change the engine oil per the maintenance schedule can result in internal engine damage.

For information on resetting the Oil Change Indicator message, refer to “Oil Change Required – If Equipped,” under “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)'” in the “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” Section of this manual.



OIL CHANGE INDICATOR - RESET
To reset the “Oil Change Required” indicator (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Oil Change Required” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.



Perform Service Indicator
Your vehicle will require emissions maintenance at a set interval. To help remind you when this maintenance is due, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) will display “Perform Service”. When the “Perform Service” message is displayed on the EVIC it is necessary to have the emissions maintenance performed. Emissions maintenance includes replacing the Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) filter element, cleaning or replacement of the EGR Cooler, and cleaning or replacement of the EGR Valve.

See your local authorized dealer to have the “Perform Service” message cleared and reset.



PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

Great post Fuzzy! could a mod put a sticky on the this so others can benefit from it?

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs


2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler






9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
neeltburn is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to neeltburn For this addition to TDG:
Rev. (12-09-2009)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Senior Member
 
fuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 268
Points: 23,474
Thanks: 4
Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeltburn View Post
Great post Fuzzy! could a mod put a sticky on the this so others can benefit from it?
Reposted it in the dtc's sticky for ya.

12 mega dually. garbage gone. mini with od.
fuzzy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy For this addition to TDG:
neeltburn (12-09-2009)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 73
Points: 28,706
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
oil change indicator system
your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. This system will alert you when it is time to change your engine oil by displaying the words “oil change required” on your electronic vehicle information center (evic). The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate depending on your personal driving style. Driving styles such as frequent stop and go type driving can increase the frequency of the engine oil change. This is the result of more frequent regeneration of the exhaust aftertreatment system, which can decrease the life of the engine oil. Failure to change the engine oil per the maintenance schedule can result in internal engine damage.

For information on resetting the oil change indicator message, refer to “oil change required – if equipped,” under “personal settings (customer programmable features)'” in the “electronic vehicle information center (evic)” section of this manual.



Oil change indicator - reset
to reset the “oil change required” indicator (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position (do not start engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the off/lock position.
Note: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “oil change required” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.



Perform service indicator
your vehicle will require emissions maintenance at a set interval. To help remind you when this maintenance is due, the electronic vehicle information center (evic) will display “perform service”. When the “perform service” message is displayed on the evic it is necessary to have the emissions maintenance performed. Emissions maintenance includes replacing the closed crankcase ventilation (ccv) filter element, cleaning or replacement of the egr cooler, and cleaning or replacement of the egr valve.

See your local authorized dealer to have the “perform service” message cleared and reset.



Perform service indicator - reset
unless reset the “perform service” message will display on the evic each time you turn the ignition switch to the on/run position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “perform service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position (do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the off/lock position.
Note: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “perform service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
bingo preform service reset that's what i was looking for. Thanks man

2008 Dually Quad Cab, 6 Speed Auto 3.73, Edge W/Attitude,21/2" Hell bent Leveling Kit, Firestone Airbags, DIY Step Bars,EGR Delete, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust From K-2 Diesel, Cummins Mud Flaps,ATC Topper and Rhino lined rockers front to back
Rev. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome