I better start now... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by IPSCSouthpaw, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 444 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

I better start now...

I posted a note in the "Introductions" forum, which explains what it is I'm hoping to learn as a member, other than to meet some nice, like minded people. I stated in that post that I will be switching to a diesel in about 9 or 10 months once my truck goes back off lease. I'm looking at all three, but leaning towards the Ram 2500 right now, by a small margin over the Ford. I will be upgrading whatever I can on the truck without voiding the warranty, which isn't much I assume. Assuming I can do some exhaust and maybe air intake work, how does the 6.7L respond to aftermarket upgrades in that way? After it's off of warranty, more in depth upgrades will take place, but I gotta keep it low key for a while. I really do want to get into some new rims and tires, and was thinking Pro-Comps, but will have to do more reading because whatever tire it is will have to work equally well in snow, dry pavement, etc. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

IPSCSouthpaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 11:00 PM
6.7L Man Van

You are right that you cannot do very much to these trucks without getting rid of your warranty. It varies from dealer to dealer as far as what is an acceptable mod, but are you always going to be able to go to your dealer? Never break down on a road trip? Things to ponder I guess. If you want to do exhaust, that is either going to be pointless, or void warranty. DPF back exhaust does nothing but lighten your wallet. Trust me, I know. Cold air intakes are all pretty good, some are just better priced than others. I have had good luck with my S&B. MPG is usually pretty dismal, I get around 10 in town, 16 on the hwy, and as high as 10 towing my 16k 5th wheel. A good all around tire, look for A/Ts. Mud tires suck in the winter, and when towing.

08 MC 3500 68RFE
Mostly Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode