Sorry guys Sorry but it's time....... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by goatman1419, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 3356 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys Sorry but it's time.......

I have an 2008 6.7 and it's time for me to do the deletes. I have searched the site but have'nt found my exact question? So here goes.....

1. I wanted to do the entire TBE and EGR delete with a tuner for minimal HP gains. So if I go this route what is the best bang for the buck?

2. Is it still worth doing the deletes with the new tuners like Smarty Jr and so on? I'm looking for a mileage boost more so than a power boost.

3. If I do delete everything can I run the 2 cycle oil mix through these trucks? I had a 6.0 before this truck and the mix made the biggest differance out of any mod I bought for the truck.

4. And of course with all this long term reliability is high on my list.

As always thanks guys I know you will steer my in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:24 AM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
i believe there are many companies that make a 4" turbo-back exaust, if you want to replace the whole system, but i also believe that H&S performance makes delete kits, and tuners to go with the deletes http://www.hsperformance.com/

As for the 2cycle oil.. i really see no benefit to it on the 6.7, the engine was designed to run on ULSD, but if you feel the need, and if you find it makes a difference then sure, give it a try

From what i have heard doing the EGR and DPF deletes makes a huge difference in reliability, makes the truck into a new animal...

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:18 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
2 cycle is not need but there are many other additives that will work.

Smarty Jr. is the best bang for the buck if you just want a low hp tuner.
It has a stock, 40, 70,100 hp tunes in it and it will do everything that the Smarty Sr. will do. Ie Pod, abs tire height. revo settings such as torque management, VGT tuning, and timing. it will also read and clear codes.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM

If you aren't looking for a ton of power, go with a Smarty JR and an Egr/Cooler delete from Shibby engineering as well as 1 of the following exhausts:

aFE 4" Turbo Back with muffler. It is available in aluminized or 409 stainless and comes with a 5" 304 stainless tip.

Flo Pro 5" Turbo back with or without muffler. You will need to add a tip if you want one.

2010 CCSB Laramie Ram 2500 4x4
Powered By:
H&S/Shibby/Black Ops/Flo Pro

Suspended by:
Carli Suspension/Bilstein

2008 RCLB F250 XLT 6.4 Auto
Powered By:
H&S/Flo Pro/aFE

Suspended by:
Pure Performance/Carli/Bilstein

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 PM

Garage
are there any tuners/programmers for the 6.7s that are undetectable? im looking at a 2010 and i know there aint any tuning out for them yet but generally how detectable are they on these trucks. im coming from a ford 6.4 with spartan and thats undetectable so i would like to have the same comfort on this truck of that. when the programmers come out for me that is. sorry to hijack
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:06 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by case_7010 View Post
are there any tuners/programmers for the 6.7s that are undetectable? im looking at a 2010 and i know there aint any tuning out for them yet but generally how detectable are they on these trucks. im coming from a ford 6.4 with spartan and thats undetectable so i would like to have the same comfort on this truck of that. when the programmers come out for me that is. sorry to hijack

All of them can be traceable if you dig deep enough. that being said I think someone had dodge try to find their Edge Juice w/ Attitude and they could not.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Built Not Bought

They can find anything they want all big 3 have the tools and tech support to find watever it is they want saw a 05 Cummins wit a smarty on it and guess wat they found it took awhile but they did just to prove a point. Adding any type of power from a tuner/programmer/chip can and will more than likely void your factory warranty if the dealership so chooses. Heck even adding a leveling kit and aftermarket wheels can void warranty if the dealership didnt install it...Something to think bout if your worried bout it

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

2007 2500 6.7 4x4 Handshaker SOLD

Military Quote Of The Year

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

MSGT Harry T. Serres, USAF Ret.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
They cant void a warranty if they cant prove that the aftermarket part did the damage... if you lift it and the wheel bearings wear out they have to prove that the lift made them fail.... and on a dodge the wheel bearings wear out in no time anyways...

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Let it all Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteWhiteRam View Post
They cant void a warranty if they cant prove that the aftermarket part did the damage... if you lift it and the wheel bearings wear out they have to prove that the lift made them fail.... and on a dodge the wheel bearings wear out in no time anyways...
Aaron is right. Everybody forgets and of course the dealer wont emphasize the fact that they are in the possition to prove the modification caused the failure. PERIOD. I have faught and won this battle with a car dealer.

Dominic
'16 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, 3.73's, Aisin, 4x4
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Built Not Bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteWhiteRam View Post
Who does the tech have to prove it to? If you have a tuner on the truck and lets just say you blow the headgasket. If they see (which they have ways to finding out) it wouldnt be hard for a veteren mechanic to prove to his boss or higher that hey this tuner caused extreme amounts of boost and thus blew the gasket. Or hey that 8in lift that this guy is running wit 40in tires caused wheel bearings or ball joints to wear out faster than normal..Now if you come in for something unrelated to wat the tuner more than likely damage than can put a nice little flag on your vin for future refrence. Not starting a fight but a buddy got ****ed around on his front end the seal went out causing all his gear oil to leak out thus causing the front end to seize up which dodge did not cover. He is to blame in a sense due to the fact of the in the fine print on the warranty section that if you modify the factory suspension in any way you could loose warranty and adding a leveling kit is modifying. Not starting a pissing match but if you going to put a tuner or anything else on the truck might as well plan on paying unless you can stay on your knees an extended period of time

2011.5 6.7 HO Crew Cab Laramie Dually 4x4 H&S A-1 H11 Studs GDP Pro Gate AFE drop in Isspro EV2 Boost/EBP RDS 90 Aux Tank/Toolbox Combo Reese 20k 5th wheel

2007 2500 6.7 4x4 Handshaker SOLD

Military Quote Of The Year

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before it becomes mandatory."

MSGT Harry T. Serres, USAF Ret.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode