Newbie Here- Hello All - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mattb84, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 187 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Here- Hello All

Hi guys,

Im a fabricator in North Carolina. I have 2 powerstroke trucks- one is a 16 f350 with service camper shell/bed slide and the other a 07 F550 service truck with crane, welder, air compressor.

The 6.7 is an amazing engine so far with 2 years and 60,000 miles of seat time. I have had to replace the transmission control module under warranty. No other issues. This truck has power for days and is so quiet.

The F-550 i have owned since June of this year. I purchased it in Florida, had one of my guys fly down and bring it back. He checked it out from top to bottom, handed them the check, and headed back to North Carolina with it. Its an 800 or so mile trip. The truck ran like a dream all the way back. Late the next day he pulls into the shop with it and cut the truck off. We talked a little while as he was stretching his leg and he decided he wanted to show me how to operate the crane, air compressor, etc. So he fires it up and is in the process of moving the truck around the side of the shop where there is more room and the truck sputters a bit and dies.

Now while I have never owned a 6.0, I am quite aware of their reputation and have turned a wrench on more than one. I fully expected to drop several thousand into the engine at some point. I did not consider the time would be before I had even sat behind the wheel.

We had a scanguage and pretty quickly determined that we didnt have any pressure building from the LPOP. Confirmed this at the filter housing. Lifter failure took it out.

I have since then put a reman from Asheville Engines with all the normal "bullet-proofing" mods, changed every fluid/filter possible, and put about 5000 miles on it. A few little annoyances with turbo boots and leaking coolant hoses but the truck has been running really well.

I do have a new problem that has me stumped. That is one of the reasons I have joined. Hopefully someone on here much smarter than me or as "lucky" as me can shed some light on it. Otherwise, I am hoping I can help someone else solve some of the problems I have experience with.

2016 F-350 Superduty- stock

2007 F-550
Reman Engine @ 121,000(Lifter Grenade)
ARP Head Studs
Bypass Oil & Coolant Filters
EGR Delete
New Oil Cooler
New HPOP
New LPOP
New Injectors
New Stand pipes
New Dummy Plugs
5w-40 Syn

SCT Tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode