Intro from Houston - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Nolan Ginn III, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 31 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Intro from Houston

Howdy y'all. New to the site, thought I'd introduce myself and tell y'all a little about myself. I served in the Marine Corps for 12 years. After that went into the oil field, I'm sure there are quite a few of us on this site. In July 2015, I was laid off and had no back-up plan. So I bought a small Sears brand pressure washer and started taking little jobs here and there to make ends meet. Not a fun time in my life, but one that would serve me well later down the line. Here it is almost 5 years since I made that decision to go to Sears and I started one power washing company(subsequently gave it to my wife) and own another successful power washing company in Houston, TX. Having to haul trailers around, you don't want a gasser all the time, you need something with some power. Enter the (3)PSD's that my wife and I own. The first was purchased after a good friend of mine told me about the longevity of the 7.3. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but upon further research, all the signs were telling me this is the truck I need. She is a 2000 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD speed demon, I dubbed Allison. Now 5 years ago had you asked me to get under the hood of a diesel truck, I would have looked at you sideways and laughed. But today, I will rip out the guts, locate the issue, replace/repair, and put it back together with the best of them. I love my job, but I love working on my PSD's. The second purchased is Samantha, boy did I have a big s%^t eating grin on my face when I drove away with this bad girl. 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4; here's where I really started to understand the PSD engine and learn how to listen to her tell me something was wrong. A few minor mods here and there, then I started getting into the "nuts and bolts" of what makes the PSD tick. The most recent purchase is a 2000 F-450 Crew Cab Flatbed named Alexis. I got tired of hooking/unhooking my trailer every night, so I just loaded all my power washing equipment on my flatbed and I'm gone! Head on over to my garage in a few days and I will have posted pics and all the modifications I've made to my (3) PSD's. Thanks for having me, I'm glad to be here and if I can help anyone with anything at all, please do not hesitate to message or even call me on my cell(it's in my profile).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode