gravity feed guns - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RacerX, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 842 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

gravity feed guns

After reading the poll on guns i was wondering which gravity feed guns will spray upside down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Got Diesel ?

Thats a tricky question. The answer is none of them(stock) and all of them(when equipped with a 3M PPS) . The 3M PPS cup system allows the spray gun to operate with no air present in the cup therefor upside down operation is possible... click here it's a PDF file http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...66Sx2wCOrrrrQ-

2005 F250 6.0 Auto, 4x4, Lariat, Crew, ESOF, bedliner, Sirius radio w/PIE, custom emblems, Tow command, Pwr rear slider, L/S rear, Camper pkg, Two tone Toreador red/tan, Built 8/04

Old truck (buyback) 2002 F250 7.3, Auto, 4x4, Lariat, Crew

My 1970 Cadillac DeVille
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:56 PM

i love the 3m setup, I use it a lot... it is less messy which makes cleanup a snap and sprays at any angle

the only down side i can think of about that setup is that the cups are kinda small
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLayne
i love the 3m setup, I use it a lot... it is less messy which makes cleanup a snap and sprays at any angle

the only down side i can think of about that setup is that the cups are kinda small
and spendy...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 01:31 AM

Will the new Sata disposable cups allow you to do the same thing (spray upside down)? I have some jobbers selling them but I haven't quizzed them on how they work vs 3 times as much money's cups.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Got Diesel ?

The SATA cups allow you the same and a little more. You can tilt the cup due to the flexible neck design. The downside(it's a biggie) is the SATA cup has a vent with a cap on it. If you forget to cap the vent it will leak fast and hard. Advantage 3M

2005 F250 6.0 Auto, 4x4, Lariat, Crew, ESOF, bedliner, Sirius radio w/PIE, custom emblems, Tow command, Pwr rear slider, L/S rear, Camper pkg, Two tone Toreador red/tan, Built 8/04

Old truck (buyback) 2002 F250 7.3, Auto, 4x4, Lariat, Crew

My 1970 Cadillac DeVille
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 03:00 AM

I need to do some homework on this. The biggest gripe about the 3M's was heavy metallics and pearls spraying uneven and supposedly the bagless Sata's corrected this.

I had a handful of jobbers that Tony from Sata put on an early bird schooling if you will but I never followed up on how the Sata cups worked. Personally, I have no use for either but if one works better than the other I need to know in case a painter asks me.

In general the 3M cups never really took off in metro Atlanta but it could be totally different elsewhere based on how hard the reps pushed it.

I guess it's like UV primer. Supposedly that stuff is taking off in certain areas but it has all but flopped around ATL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode