Hand Cleaner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JLayne, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1288 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Hand Cleaner

So what do you use to clean paint, adheasives, resins, and all the other junk off your hands?

I know the usual thinner but that can't be good for you, although i do use it sometimes.

Its wierd how the older i get the more i worry about stuff killing me... kinda wish I was 17 and immortal again. :ninja: Heck I even have started wearing gloves occasionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:41 AM

Before I get down and dirty in the garage or shop I like to wipe my clean hands down with "Invisible Glove", when done I can just go over to the sink and wash away the grime cause it don't stick to your hands..........
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i have always wondered if the invisible glove products worked.... what does your hands feel like after you put it on and before you wash it off?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:56 PM

The "Invisible Glove" does work well....When you put it on your hands...your hands feel like your hands...:
Paint-safe makes a good handcleaner to get paint and such off your paws...Laquer thinner is a bit hard on the skin, especially if you're a single guy..:roflmao:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:52 PM

Garage
The Invisible Glove sounds intresting. I've always used gasoline to get some of the paint off, or if it isn't on too bad, just some GoJo w/ pumice can get it off as well. Need a brush of some sort to help.

"Some people are educated beyond their intelligence."

'93 W350 CC, LE, 5spd, HTT modded H1C, 4" DE

Sold- '99 3500 Q/C, SO CTD, 4x4, 5spd.

Traded off- '97 3500 C/C, 4x4, CTD

'92 W250, LE, CC, CTD w/ tweaked pump (SOLD)

"Obama = Hoax and Chains"

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoeller
The Invisible Glove sounds intresting. I've always used gasoline to get some of the paint off, or if it isn't on too bad, just some GoJo w/ pumice can get it off as well. Need a brush of some sort to help.
With the invisible glove product, my hands wash clean real qwick. No fighting, cursing, no wasting excess soap and water....:Thumbup:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

be carefull washing parts or your hands in gasoline... i had a friend that did that untill (they think) static electicity lit off a bowl of gas about the size of a cool whip tub he was using to clean up a old holley carb, it burnt is face and hands up pretty bad but what killed him was a infection from the burns he got in his lungs or wind pipe or something... it was a closed casket funeral

i have seen that invisible glove stuff, but haven't used it because i figured it would leave my hands feeling waxy or slippery, I will give it a try now

Quote:
Paint-safe makes a good handcleaner to get paint and such off your paws...Laquer thinner is a bit hard on the skin, especially if you're a single guy
i'm going to check into that as well.. i'm not married :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 PM

Once it's on your hands and has dried, you don't even notice it. It's like a glove with out the glove....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 12:07 AM

Just use caution as these things work to prevent your hands from getting soiled, however they may leave a residue behind that prevents the paint from adhering. Chris

I'm a little more country than that...

2011 F-350 Extended Cab Short Box Lariat

SOLD
2004 F350 Regular Cab Long Box XLT; FX4, 6.0L and TorqShift; Manual Transfer Case and Hubs; Dark Shadow Grey Metallic; Keyless Entry; Factory Idle Control; 8 1/2' Fisher MMII; Factory 18" Wheels painted black with 305/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's in the summer and XL Steel Wheels painted Black with 285/75R16 ProComp A/T's in the Winter; Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit; Isspro Pyrometer, Boost, and Transmission Temperature Gauges in an Overhead Pod; SCT by Innovative Diesel; Innovative Moderate FICM Tune; ARP Head Studs; '03 Turbo screaming through a 4" Turbo Back 409 MBRP System with both Deletes and 6" Tip.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateDieselGuy
Just use caution as these things work to prevent your hands from getting soiled, however they may leave a residue behind that prevents the paint from adhering. Chris
Touching any panel that is worked on even with clean hands without anything on em- WILL CONTAMINATE the panel. Even if you come straight from the sink while drying hands, touching a panel with bare hands leaves our natural hand oils on the surface, ready to wreck havoc on our work.... Same goes for hands with gloves or even this invisible glove product.... :shrug: :RTFM:

touching a panel in my shop that I'm getting ready to laydown a primer/paint product on will get you a qwick exit out of shop, if your lucky, I won't kick you in your tuckus on the way out....... :rules:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode