How much would it cost to paint? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Truckie, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 693 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia 57

How much would it cost to paint?

I was wondering how much it would cost to paint my truck? It is an 05 Dodge quad cab. I was wanting to 2 ton it. Blue and silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:36 PM

are you wanting to paint all of it or just add the second paint color over what you have?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia 57
Threadstarter

No, I want a whole new color scheme. Right now its red and silver on the rocker and bottom quater panels.
IM starting to hate this color.
It's going to the body shop for the 3rd time in 10 months. First time I hit a deer. The first body chop butchered it back together. I had to take it to another body shop to have it finished the right way. The other night the cops were chasing someone and they ran in to the back of it. yesterday day on the way home from work someone ran in to the back of it. Not watching what they were doing. No more damage to my truck, but the busted there grill and a head light. So you can see why IM starting to hate this color.
Like I said it's red and silver, and I want blue and silver.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:29 AM

well with out looking at a estimating guide and taking that your going to take the truck to a good shop and not maco :barf: and they use "the good stuff" as far as paint and what not i'd say your looking at atleast $3000... and could possibly go deep into $4K+... now this is doing it right and painting the jams under the hood and so on so you couldn't tell it didn't come that color, i'm sure there is some tard out there that would just shoot a paint job on it for dirt cheap but your gonna get what you pay for

thats hard to say very close though not knowing what labor rates are in your area... how many dings and what not the truck has on it and again not using a estimating guide... but i think that will get you as close as anyone can over the net
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia 57
Threadstarter

I was kinda figuring on at least $3000 to do it, so I was at least in the ball park. Yeah I would want it done right. Defiantly no maco job.
There are no dings in it other than the damage from the moron hitting the back of the truck. The first body shop had it fixed in 3 days, after I hit the deer, but for got to tighten up the bumper and hook up the fog lights. They were a dealer body shop. At one time it was a good shop, but some yippee took over and it went down hill. The second body shop I took it to, to finish did an excellent job, and even detailed my truck for free.
The guy who hit it yesterday did not do any damage to it, but the last guy who hit it when the cops were chasing him did a pretty good job. It needs a new bumper, tail light, left frame rail work, left bed side, and a spar tire. I will try to get some pictures to post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode