Under truck care tip - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ovruigo, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1532 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia 23

Under truck care tip

I apologize if this has been discussed before. This weekend when I washed my truck, after cleaning the wheel wells and frame I went to spray the wells with tire dressing but I did not have enough for the tires and the wells so I just did the tires. I decided to try the wax as you dry spray (meguiars) in the fender wells and on the frame, wow that stuff is the bomb on the under carriage, it does not have that too shiney appearance. When I was done my truck looked as close to new as it has ever looked, and it has 46,753 miles on the odo. It has been four days since I did this and the undercarriage still looks brand new with no oily grimmy residue.:Thumbup:

Thought sombody might care,

C.A.

~C.A.~

06 5.9 3500 DRW auto w/ smarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 AM

I used to buy WD-40 by the gallon and put it in a spray bottle and give it all a light mist.
It works really good and helps the slush slide off in the winter.
Down side is it leaves the residue.

I have been doing this for the past 15 years or so.:Thumbup:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Super limo owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Limo
sweet deal good info

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

Everyone dies but not everyone lives

AKA COOLUA Got A NEW NAME!

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:13 PM

I had a co-worker tell me about using WD40 on the frame. I tried it on my '02 and it worked very very well. Did it on the '03 and guess what? The frame coating slouthed off in strips. Must have happened during the winter. Now I have a rusted, nasty looking frame.

I was thinking of using either black rust-oleum brush on paint or Duplicolor spray on bedliner material on the frame now.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
dont use the duplicolor.. i used it for what its supposed to be used for.. a bedliner and it flaked off... and i had the bed sanded down to the point that tthere wasnt much paint left....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac
I had a co-worker tell me about using WD40 on the frame. I tried it on my '02 and it worked very very well. Did it on the '03 and guess what? The frame coating slouthed off in strips. Must have happened during the winter. Now I have a rusted, nasty looking frame.

I was thinking of using either black rust-oleum brush on paint or Duplicolor spray on bedliner material on the frame now.
yep me too i use WD40 on the frame and inner fenders.... and under the hood and on bugs and on tar and.... well you get the picture
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 AM

Yall must have never heard of fluid film. I swear by this stuff. My truck and equipment sees tons of salt every time it snows. Everything gets coated before it goes plowing for the season. It doesn't wash off.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgottobegreen
Yall must have never heard of fluid film. I swear by this stuff. My truck and equipment sees tons of salt every time it snows. Everything gets coated before it goes plowing for the season. It doesn't wash off.
got a link to a website? sounds cool
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:06 AM

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

I buy it by the case. Any equiment dealer (John Deere, Kubota, Case) carries it. Going to start with the 5 gallon buckets this year when we spray all the trucks. Its not cheap but protects everything. Used by the NAVY and Coast Guard.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:40 AM
4cstr

I was thinking about painting my frame with black rustoleum when I get the new shocks mounted. Does anybody know if WD-40 will eat this stuff or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode