touch up or repaint? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by WNYPA, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 709 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Got Diesel?

Send a message via AIM to WNYPA
touch up or repaint?

OK I've got some serious peeling of paint near lower fenders and some light rust, and lots of scratches, everywhere on truck, and some chips.

What should I do repaint or have it touched up?

I've allways wanted to switch to sonic blue, my current truck is Island blue Metalic. Which is different bur not really that far off.

My bed has a pretty good dent in the rear and a hole punched through the inner fender well.

I can get a take off bed for 1000$

What am I looking at to get the whole thing repainted, If I do some of the prep work, bumper removal, light removal, interrior removal (seats and floor).

I'd really like to por15 the frame and any rusty parts but its been undercoated, and some of it is falling off, its the good stuff, almost like tar.

What are my options?

2000 F-350 NVK5, XLT Island Blue 7.3 PSD 3:73LS Reg Cab LB, 151,000 mi. and counting! STOCK EXCEPT:BTS Transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler, AutoEnginuity 3.4, GI-normous, Home made Tymar, CCV mod, HX-MOD, Heater-plug mod, "Custom 6-pos Chip", Autometer Z-Series Gauge pod, Beans Stage 2 Single-Shots, Zerex G-05 Coolant, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869/Sirius Satilite, 8" Fisher plow, 407.1 hp / 849.1 ftlbs 13.686 @96.69
In Proud Support of Fat Kid Pullers! Keep on Pullin Joe and Brian!!! :bow:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:05 PM

I'd repair what you have because you are talking about a $5K+ paint job to make repairs and change the color.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 PM

ditto,

ATLEAST 5k to do a PROFESSIONAL job on changing the color (firewall, jambs, under hood, etc...)
just a repaint your looking at 3K+

and most shops that are worth a chit aren't going to want to do it

or you could just take it to maco and get it painted as their crappy job chips off every month for like $200
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 PM

dang, i'm glad i can paint better than i can type... guess there is a time limit on editing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode