Clay Bar - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bcarriveau, this thread has received 30 replies and been viewed 2752 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Clay Bar

whos using it and how do you like it? will it remove the clear coat at all? Give me your view on it and experience so i can decide..

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

I have used the clay bar cleaning methods before. I do not use it everytime I wax my cars / truck, but I do use it from time to time.

One thing to remeber, clay is not a replacement for polishing! It is a tool to remove surface contamination!

I can help if you have specific questions, about how to prep your vehicle before clay use, or how to use the clay............but I would suggest using it, if you plan to take the time and do it properly!!:Thumbup:

2008 Dodge 2500 Mega Ram, SLT, Powered by a little 'ol 408 cubic inch six cylinder!!!

Chrysler's warranty = Not worth the paper it is printed on!!!

Gone, but not forgotten!!!
1997 FORD F-250 HD
7.3L, XLT, Off-Road Package
3.55's, E4OD, 4wd, Dana 60 swap, 3" Sky RSK, 315/70/17's on Racelines.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
so you think this should be maybe twice a year project at max. as long as the wax and cleaning is kept up threw the months. Hows the prep for it? just some dawn dish soap and clean the crap out of it makin sure there are no water spots when dries?

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Highlights:

1) Thoroughly clean and dry vehicle surface,
2) Do not use in direct sunlight,
3) Best to do in cool area,
4) Keep workarea very well lubricated (do not use clay dry!),
5) Work in small areas (feeling panel before and after working an area),
6) Remove clay residue with a microfiber cloth,
7) Keep checking clay bar for dirt / contamination collection,
8) After completed, go over vehicle with a pre-wax cleaner,
9) Then finish with a good wax / sealant.

You can do this as often as needed. Just wash your vehicle real good, and just do a surface check with your hand, to see if you need to remove any contamination. But if you do it right, it will take awhile, and you will most likely not want to do it more than twice a year!!: :hehe

2008 Dodge 2500 Mega Ram, SLT, Powered by a little 'ol 408 cubic inch six cylinder!!!

Chrysler's warranty = Not worth the paper it is printed on!!!

Gone, but not forgotten!!!
1997 FORD F-250 HD
7.3L, XLT, Off-Road Package
3.55's, E4OD, 4wd, Dana 60 swap, 3" Sky RSK, 315/70/17's on Racelines.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:57 PM

I was hesitant, but after the first time I was sold. I always wash the truck before and after and follow with a good waxing. As for the clay, I just recommend that you take your time, knead the clay often, use plenty of the lubricant, and don't drop the clay! One more thing, refreshments always help! Chris

I'm a little more country than that...

2011 F-350 Extended Cab Short Box Lariat

SOLD
2004 F350 Regular Cab Long Box XLT; FX4, 6.0L and TorqShift; Manual Transfer Case and Hubs; Dark Shadow Grey Metallic; Keyless Entry; Factory Idle Control; 8 1/2' Fisher MMII; Factory 18" Wheels painted black with 305/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's in the summer and XL Steel Wheels painted Black with 285/75R16 ProComp A/T's in the Winter; Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit; Isspro Pyrometer, Boost, and Transmission Temperature Gauges in an Overhead Pod; SCT by Innovative Diesel; Innovative Moderate FICM Tune; ARP Head Studs; '03 Turbo screaming through a 4" Turbo Back 409 MBRP System with both Deletes and 6" Tip.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 AM

Hey bcarriveau,

True Clay Bar systems are non-abrasive and will only remove surface contamination; it will not damage the clear coat either!

Adam's Clay Bar system is simple and easy to use, check out our streaming videos online at www.AdamsPolishes.com to see how easy it is!

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 AM
TDG Official Poo Flinger

Justin- your link isn't working.

How much does a "system" cost,...just calling it a "system" ...makes it sound like it's out of my range for a cleaning product....lol

I shop the "reduced price" shelf....lol

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

TIRES AND WHEELS- 41" IROK Super Swampers, 20 x 10 AR Mojave Teflon-STEERING UPGRADE- Donahoe Racing Dual Stabilizers -FRONT SUSPENSION- Donahoe Racing 4.5" lift -REAR SUSPENSION- 6" Procomp Springs, Farmboy Fabrications Custom Traction Bars-FRONT AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -REAR AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air Locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -ENGINE UPGRADES -SCT XCAL II w/ Extreme track file- ARP Headstuds - TRUSTED PERFORMANCE Stage II fuel and Oil system - ACCUFAB Intake Elbow - AFE Stage II Intake - MBRP Turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust - MERLIN controls SPEED WIZARD-TRANSMISSION UPGRADES- Southbend 550+ HP Clutch -INTERIOR MODS-Gauge Works Quad A-pillar pod - Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges Pyro, Boost, Tranny - Cobra Inverter Remote Switch - Cobra Limited Edition Harley Davidson CB - Python Custom alarm system, wired into train horns - Hi-Lift Extreme jack w/ off road base -10,000 watt inverter - 15 gallons of air - Porter Cable 115 volt, 2.5hp Air Compressor - Rhino....Bed liner - EXTERIOR MODS- Harley Heads & Smoked tails- Crown SS braided Brake Lines -Custom Fabricated Front Bumper/ Brushguard w/ Custom Herculiner - (2) 8" Procomp Spotlights -(2) 5" Procomp Spotlights - (2) 5"Procomp Fluted lights - (2) 12 ton Recovery Shackles - Custom Fabricated Safari Rack w/ Custom Herculiner - (8 ) 3" x 5" Procomp Fluted lights - Grover...Triple Train Horns - Wilson 4' Fiberglass CB antenna - Stealth Bulbs Chrome signal bulbs - Dominator...Cowl Hood - Custom Herculined Rocker panels - AMP Research Powersteps - Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares - Ventshades - LEER Bed cap - Recon Line of Fire, rear light bar,...and a couple other things
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Formerly NATTYGASMECH

Linky No Worky:
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Hey ,

Sorry about the Faulty Link, try this one!

Clay Bar 1
Clay Bar 2

The Adam's Clay Bar and Lube with you discount is around $30.00!

Adam's Clay Bar

Let me know if this Helps?

Thanks,
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 AM

I have used the "Mother's" clay kit from Pep Boys/Autozone/Schuck's/Checker's, and love it- the clay is only abrasive if you drop it on the ground!
The kit comes with a small clay bar that I split in two (in case I drop it), and a spray bottle of their detailer spray that acts as the lubricant. I have used the same kit now on the truck (crewcab longbed) four times, and it still has a lot of life left..........
I use it when I can feel or see the little rust spots that occur on the white paint from surface contamination. It takes them right off, then I wax. Does not take long at all!

BTW Justin- I would love to endorse the Adams stuff- just send me a box of goodies and I'll post my testimonials!: :Thumbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode